Chapter 4: interview

Start from the beginning

"Hahahaha, what a beautiful smile you have" said Caesar

"Thank you" Meredith blushed

Everyone went silent for a while before Caesar asked his first question.

"Tell me, Meredith, your only twelve am I correct?" He asked

"Yes" Meredith answered

"Now, everyone usually says that when twelve year old's go to the games it's practically a death sentence, what do you have to say to that?"

Meredith didn't like that question at all. She actually found it insulting. She looked over to the crowed and looked at Finnick, he smiled at her and mouthed it's okay pretend it's me. Meredith put that fake smile back on her face.

"Well Caesar all I could say to that is just because you are young doesn't mean you are weak." Meredith answered

"And what are your techniques for the games?" Asked Caesar

"To out live the others"

The audience started to laugh and so did Caesar, Meredith pretended to giggle herself.

"I have one last question for you Meredith, what is the thing that you miss the most about home" has Caesar asked the question, the whole crowed went silence

"Well, I miss a lot of things, but if I had to pick one, I guess I would say the beach. I miss the soft sand, the water, the fishes. I miss the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore. I miss being able to just run into the water and fell so weightless" answered Meredith has she imagines home in her head, she missed it very much.

"Thank you, Meredith Keene from district four everyone!" Said Caesar and the audience all started to cheer has Meredith left the stage.

Has soon has she was off, she pulled those heals off that gave her bruises on her feet.

"You where wonderful!" Exclaimed Juniper has she gave Meredith a hug "now come lest get you cleaned up"

They where back at the room and Meredith got all her makeup off and changed into something more comfortable. Once she changed, unsurprisingly, Juniper called everyone in the living room to have a chat about what they would need to do tomorrow.

"Tomorrow, will be the first day of training" started Juniper

"And I want to make myself clear on something, the training center to impress the other tributes, its a place to practice or find your skills" continued Finnick. "Lest see, Cress, is their anything you could do in peculiar?"

"Well, I'm not to bad with spears, Been using them all my life when I would go fishing" he answered

"And you Mere?" Finnick looked over to Meredith

"I could make a fire in less then five minutes and I huh, I'm good at hiding" she answered

"Okay then tomorrow, Cress I want you to start practicing with a spear but don't just do that the whole time, go around and try to find other strengths" started Finnick "Meredith, I want you to try practicing with weapons, you'll end up fighting one way or another in the games and I want you to be able to defend yourself"

This made Meredith sick to her stomach, her using a weapon. Her plan for the games was to just hide the whole time hoping no one would find her and she wouldn't get attacked by some beast that the game makers create. Cress went to be so he would be fully rested for tomorrow, has for the others they were either in the kitchen or in the living room. Meredith was watching some of the games of the years before. She closed her eyes every time someone would get killed, it pained her to watch but she didn't stop, she wanted to watch, she wanted to see the best techniques. Has she was watching she realized that most of the time, the people that would win would fight to the death and Meredith knew that wasn't an option for her. Has she watched different games from different years, Meredith landed on the 70th hunger games. She remembered that one, a girl for her district had won it, her name was Annie. Meredith remembered her, she was the girl Finnick loved, he talked about her sometimes to Meredith. She was probably the only one who didn't win by fight her way through the games for what she saw. She hide after seeing her partner beheaded, an earthquake then broke a dam that flooded the arena and since she was a good swimmer she was able to out last the other tributes.

"Your watching Annie's games I see" Said Finnick has he sat down next to Meredith "Did you know I taught her how to swim back in district 4"

"She's lucky, I guess if it wasn't for you she wouldn't be alive huh" Answered Meredith

"I didn't have much to do with it really, she mostly learned on her own. I was her mentor, she was just like you you know. Alway's scared, sure she was going to die"

"But she didn't, anyway it wasn't like she was twelve" Meredith avoided Finnick's gaze

"Maybe but she had the will to survive and if it wasn't for that she probably wouldn't be alive"

"She's really pretty" Meredith said changing the subject

"Ya, she is, I'm lucky to have her" Finnick smiled and put his arm around Meredith.