Prologue

Hazel in MM

Hazel POV

My name is Hazel Marie King. I'm 5'5 145 pounds, and I have a dark skin complexion with naturally curly hair. I normally have my real hair covered up with a weave because my real hair is hard to maintain. I'm seventeen years old, and I am a senior at Benjamin Franklin High School.

My father is the most powerful man in New Orleans. My father name is Trevon King the most important Drug Lord in the city. He isn't a typical dumb Drug Lord who would get caught for making careless mistakes. My father owns his own Law Firm so that he can have clean money. After running the town for over 10 years my father has gained a lot of respect in the city. 

My mother Jewel King is an Orthopedic surgeon. She always told me to never depend on a man to take care of you in life. Her whole focus in life is to make sure she's independent, and that she raised me to also depend on myself. 

My life is far from perfect all because of my father. My dad makes it hard for me to be a teenager. He makes sure that every guy that comes around gets ran off because of who he is. It really irritates me that I can't actually be the teen that I want to be. 

The only thing that I do that my father is supportive of is me joining the school dance team. Dancing hasn't always been my favorite thing to do. I like to sing and write songs but  my father says that I'm chasing a dream that is never going to happen.

My mother supports everything that I do, and she keeps me motivated to continue to write and sing. For right now I'll continue to dance on the dance team, but once I get an opportunity to explore different options with singing I'm going to do that no questions asked. I don't care what my father will say about it either.

I just hope that I can break free.

Royalty POV

My name is Royalty James I'm 6'3 about 155 pounds. I'm Italian and African-American, and I'm seventeen years old. Girls normally throw themselves at me, but I don't find myself interested in the typical girl. I want somebody who is going to give me a challenge, and make me work for what I want.

I'm originally from Queens, New York, but my Pops is making me move to New Orleans with him. He has a better job opportunity down in New Orleans that doesn't really make me any difference. I need a new start away from all the drama that's going on in New York.

My mama Alba Bruno is going to stay back in New York with her new boyfriend. Her and my pops are complete opposites. I don't see how they got together long enough to have me. When they're both around each other its the funniest thing ever to be around. 

The only thing they do when they come around each other is argue about how much they hate each other. My Mother expressing her feelings toward my Pops, and she's not a coward she doesn't back down from anything.

I know my life is going to change a lot whenever we make this major move. My pops keep trying to reassure me that this move is going to turn into a positive thing. I just hope that he's right about this one.

Back at my old school I was the star football and basketball player. There isn't a sport that's out there that I don't play. When I was younger I even played golf and tennis alone with basketball and football. I had to let some of them go because my schedule was too hectic for me to play all of those sports. So I stuck it out with football and basketball because they was the two sports I was best at.

When I move to New Orleans I'm going to try to try out for their sport programs. If I'm not able to join any I'll just find me a job or something to take up my free time. I hate not having something to do, and laying around the house. I like to be productive and do something with my time.

I hope that this move to New Orleans will be the best thing for me.