10. Forget About It

Start from the beginning

I was babbling, but like always, Harry didn't seem to mind. In fact, Harry babbled as much as I did, and he talked slower, making it even worse. But I loved it. I thought it was so endearing. 

"I would love to be that way," Harry sighed. "I'd love to just let loose for a while and really not care what anyone else expects. But I feel like it's never going to be that way for me."

"It has to be, Harry," I loosened his arm a little. "You'll never be happy if you're living to make other people happy."

"What's tough is One Direction used to make me so happy," he continued. "I only recently stopped enjoying it and I feel like I could enjoy it again."

"Maybe you could," I agreed. "But you have to figure that out for yourself, not worry about what the rest of them want."

"You know, I'm sure your parents really are proud of you," he responded, changing the subject a bit. My eyes flickered down at the mention of them.

"I really hope so," I sighed. "I love them and I want them to be happy for me. I just don't want them controlling me anymore."

"Have you spoken to them recently?"

"Yeah," I let out a loud laugh. "They called me to ask why the hell I was in the tabloids."

"Yeah, Niall asked me the same thing," he laughed with me. "We really should set Emily and Niall up."

"Next adventure, we'll all go," I agreed. I'd love for all of us to be friends. "Hey, you know what would be really fun?"

"Hmm?" he looked down at me and we stopped walking.

"Let's get drunk," I beamed, grabbing his hands.

"What?" he laughed, squeezing my hands. 

"Yeah! Let's do it!" I was nearly jumping up and down. "Work's been crazy busy the past week and I need to let loose, and you definitely need to let loose."

"But don't you have work tomorrow?" he chuckled, finding excuses. 

"So?" I shrugged. "I'll make it work. We're doing it."

"Alright, Jones," he rolled his eyes playfully and we hailed a taxi. "Let's go to Brooklyn?"

"Why not?" I nodded as we entered the taxi. 

It was going to be a fun night. 

                                                                                ~                   ~                   ~

We found a good bar in Brooklyn, known for its amazing Mexican food. Mexican food wasn't my favorite, but Harry had mentioned his favorite food was tacos, so I figured eating his favorite food would help him loosen up a bit. I really wanted to see what he was like when he was drunk and having a good time. 

We ended up splitting a large tray of nachos instead of getting a huge meal, and each drank a bottle of beer. I didn't even like beer, but it would do for the time being. 

"American beer is bloody awful," he remarked as he finished his first bottle and ordered another. I was barely half-way finished with my bottle. My friends always told me I was too slow of a drinker. "How do you drink this?"

"I wasn't raised with the finest beer in the land like you," I rolled my eyes playfully and sipped my beer, attempting to drink more of it. It was just so disgusting. However, I was willing to bet the amazing, wonderful, quality beer Harry was referring to was disgusting as well. 

"Such a pity," he smirked, taking a large gulp of his second beer. Getting drunk wasn't going to take long. 

"Is beer what's popular in England? Or is there some special drink there I don't even know about?" I asked and nearly finished my beer.