Chapter two

The woman walked into my line of sight and I could clearly see a red jacket on her. She was pretty.

She spoke again. "I am Scarlet Witch. These are my friends. We are the Avengers."

I scoff and smiled. "Nice name...." I wheeze out.

I let my eyes close and didn't notice them all walking closer to me.

I swallowed the blood coming back up in my throat and reopen my eyes. "You... want... to... help... me?..." I whisper softly as I could feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.

I could faintly hear her say yes. I think she could tell I was slipping as well as I could feel a hand grabbing mine and a pulsing power surge in my head to make me stay awake for a bit longer and focus.

I turn my head ever so slightly and lightly grip her hand back. Scarlet Witch was beside me now and kneeling. I take one gulp to keep the blood from coming up again and said two words before passing out. "Help.. me..."
~~~~
I slept for a long time I think. At least long enough to worry those Avengers people.

I could hear her.

That Scarlet Witch lady was talking to me in my head.

She was telling me that Bruce a doctor on the team is treating all of my wounds and even my malnourished body.

She told me they had to take off my mask but only if I let them.

In my mind I told her what to do.

/Don't. Please don't take my mask off. I heal. Just not really fast. Just... leave my mask on. Please. I can't... I can't let anyone else see me again... Everyone who sees me dies and I don't want that to happen again. Everyone I cared about is dead now. I'm all that's left besides the one who is after me. Harry will never stop.... He still... wants my blood.... still wants to kill me... For not helping him.... Please... Don't take off my mask. I can't handle it right now./

Scarlet Witch sighed in my head and spoke gently. /I will tell them to not remove your mask then. I will also tell them to let you sleep for now. Your healing abilities are peculiar but I can see why you tried to swing away./

I thanked her and promptly slept deeply dreaming of nothing. The nightmares that usually plagued me weren't bothering me at that moment and it made me feel better slightly. So I slept.