Chapter 16: Foolish Girl (All)

Start from the beginning

Subaru snarled, throwing a fist at Richter, who grasped it and twisted it away. He kicked Subaru away squarely, and the white haired vampire hissed, retreating a few feet to regain balance.

"She needed it, did she?" Cordelia inquired curiously. "Is that what she told you?"

Subaru's eyes narrowed and I heard the lack of shuffles from the others in the room as they grew still with curiosity. 

"No, she didn't need the heart," Subaru muttered. "If you think you can turn us against her, you're wrong."

"Oh? Can't I?"

No! No, no, no!

"I didn't know!" I cried out, breaking Cordelia's control. "I love you, all of you – I promise- I-"

Cordelia overpowered me, recomposing the panic on my features to malevolent excitement in just moments. Even so, my eyes burned despite her.

"She was sent to kill all of you," she said with a malicious grin. "It's better that I'm in control of this body now, isn't it?"

"What do you mean?" Reiji asked lifting his chin speculatively and narrowing his eyes.

"She's a vampire hunter, born and raised; sent undercover as a sacrificial bride to kill the lot of you. Quite daft – she didn't account for the fact that I would reclaim my heart."

I was quaking on the spot; my body shook with fury and despair despite Cordelia's grasp over it.

"Miyako wouldn't."

"It's the truth – I can see it in her memories," Cordelia laughed, the sound rattling me around my own skull before she mellowed quite quickly. "This is all quite boring – your infatuation with this human girl. Richter, please, can you dispose them for me?"

She produced Subaru's knife, which smiled a brilliant silver in the light, and passed it to him.

"It should only take one stab through the heart to kill them this way," he said with a mild look of surprise.

"It will be a quick death. Painless. It shows my love for them," she said dismissively. "If you do I promise to make you the head of the family."

"Do you swear it?"

"Of course," Cordelia replied.

"Strange," Richter muttered, turning slowly on the spot to face Cordelia. "I remember that those terms were in our last agreement when I preserved your heart."

"Please, Richter," Cordelia cooed, standing and latching herself onto his arm. She rubbed my breasts upon his triceps, but he remained stoic. "I promise to do anything you wish if you kill these boys."

"You fool," he growled, his deep crimson eyes sliding to look at my face out of the corner of his eyes. "You are worthless to me in this state. All I needed was your heart. As long as I can Awaken the girl with your heart and make her mine, then I can become the head without your assistance."

Cordelia stepped back, I could feel my eyes widening in shock.

"Y-you've planned this from the start?"

"You've only just realized?"

In just a few strides, Richter was upon my body. His hands cuffed my wrists, his head bent toward my neck...

"Oi! You cannot touch Miyako without my permission."

Ayato...

I didn't look over to the vampire, but as Richter released me, I realized I had full control once more; Cordelia was in a state of shock.