Chapter 12: Delectable (All)

Start from the beginning

"Why'd you bite so hard Kanato?" Subaru growled, brushing his fingers along my neck.

"We can't do this in public," Reiji muttered. "Someone will see."

"It's a cabana, it's hardly out in the open," I shrugged, walking through the open sliding doors and into the small room.

In preparation I retrieved a few towels and spread them across a single cushioned chair. Then, I sat down and leaned back into the chair, taking deep and measured breaths.

"Are you sure about this Miyako?" Subaru asked as the vampires all followed into the cabana. Reiji pulled the sheer curtains closed behind them, but didn't close the door so that a light breeze wafted in and caused the curtains to waft like a gentle veil. "It's not like you'll have a choice after being so promiscuous about it..."

"I am," I answered calmly.

Subaru was the first to sink his teeth into my neck. He was utterly gentle, choosing a spot just below my jaw and standing behind me.

"Holy hell," he muttered. "How is this possible? How are you even sweeter?"

"I figured that the massage would help me relax and send endorphins through my bloodstream."

Shuu bent down next, first gathering my hair up into a ponytail, then fitting his fangs into the pricks left behind by Kanato. I cringed at this, but he gave the area a few soothing licks. 

"Damn," he muttered, then latched on to suckle more deeply.

"Make room," Ayato growled, leaning over me and biting into the skin at my collarbone.

His bite made me flinch; both Subaru and Shuu growled a warning at their brother. I looked over Ayato's head to Reiji, Kanato, and Laito. Laito's cheeks were flushed with excitement – typical – and he came forward to my shoulder and sunk his teeth in there, letting out a moan as he did so.

"This is indecent."

"How so, Reiji?" I asked, offering him my wrist.

Kanato was already pacing forward toward my other wrist; he licked the skin, his tongue warm, then bit in.

"It's not like its an orgy. You're all just feeding. I'm happy to give you my blood."

"Tch," Reiji muttered shaking his head. "It's just like you to say something as naive as that, Miyako. Have some sense of modesty."

However he walked forward and took my wrist in his hands, laced my fingers into his own, and massaged my skin with his lips before beginning to drink. When I closed my eyes, I could relax against their teeth. Even though there was a constant sting, I could sense their warmth as they drank deeply. It made me feel warm.

"I feel faint," I whispered after a while of warm suckling noises and gulping.

Subaru unlatched immediately as did Reiji, Shuu, and Laito, but Ayato and Kanato continued greedily. I felt Kanato's grip tighten.

"Kanato that hurts!" I yelped, writhing slightly.

"Let go! That's enough!" Reiji snarled at his younger brothers.

Ayato relinquished with a growl, but Kanato slurped greedily twice more before he let go.

"May I have a bottle of water please," I asked weakly, pointing to my bag.

Subaru retrieved it immediately, unscrewing it for me and pressing it to my lips. I raised a hand to hold it, but it was too unsteady to even hold a feather. Subaru was patient, however, and helped me until the bottle was empty.

"Ah that was very enjoyable," Laito groaned, collapsing against a chair. His cheeks were flushed and his self-confident grin was in place as he leaned into the cushions delightedly.

"I'll go get more water," Reiji announced after watching me carefully for a few moments. "Honestly."

"I wanted more," Kanato whined, his nose wrinkling as a temper tantrum built up. 

"You'd gotten enough," Subaru growled as Shuu handed him a handful of towels to clean off the areas after a few gentle licks to heal them. "Anymore and Miyako would be unconscious."

"I don't like sharing," Kanato growled, his purple eyes glimmering with dissatisfaction. "I would have had more if she didn't need to split her blood between all of us."

"Well I wanted to split it, I like all of you," I murmured.

"Yours Truly is your favorite," Ayato stated stubbornly.

"If I were to pick favorites, all of you would be my favorite," I giggled absently, still feeling terribly light-headed.

"Cranberry, Miyako," Reiji announced, unscrewing the bottle and handing it to Subaru who held it up to my lips. "It should help more."

"Thank you."

"This is so troublesome," Ayato grunted, watching Subaru practically baby me. My hand was still shaking too much like a leaf to hold anything, "taking care of our prey."

"Her blood is of the finest quality," Reiji stated, watching as I guzzled the cranberry. "I wouldn't give her up for any other prey. She's valuable, among other things."

Although both my hands were wrapped around Subaru's, he was still holding most of the bottle's weight.

"She's frivolous," Kanato objected. "She wants all of us, doesn't she?"

"You're all my family," I said, in between swallows. "Of course I do."

"Surely, you don't see all of us romantically-" Reiji objected.

"I cannot choose," I muttered. "I care deeply for all of you. Don't make me choose."

"But if you had to."

"I'd rather kill myself."

"That's a bold thing to say," Shuu muttered, frowning at me from where he laid out on the couch next to Laito.

"It's true," I muttered. "I couldn't live with myself if I hurt any of you. Even Kanato who seems intent on enjoying my pain."

I chuckled emptily at that.

"I do not!" Kanato objected half-heartedly after Subaru bored him with a violent gaze. 

"Oh don't give us that bullshit," the albino vampire growled. "Everyone can see it."

"It's not like that anymore," Kanato muttered into the back of Teddy's head.

"Then explain why you didn't stop drinking when you were supposed to!"

"You wanted more too, don't lie!"

"Enough," Reiji said evenly, looking sternly from Kanato to Subaru. "We can all agree that it is in our best interests to keep Miyako alive. If that's in your agenda too, Kanato, then I'd advise that you be less greedy when it comes to her blood."

"Fine," Kanato murmured in agreement but Subaru glared at the lilac headed vamp as if he wasn't satisfied with Kanato's grudging assent.

A five-hour energy shot was in my hand from my bag and I shakily downed it. I'd need it if I wanted to last the day.