Chapter 9- forgotten

I sit by Jamie's bed waiting and hoping he will wake up. I hold his hand tight in my and I lay my head on his chest. I can hear his heart and the heart monitor beeping and thumping at the same time. I fall asleep listening to the beeping and wake up to the beeping noticing that Jamie is still not awake. The nurses come in to check Jamie so I stand back. It's not to late so I want to stay for a few more hours. The doctors did say I could stay for the night. I think about staying and how nice it would be to be there when Jamie wakes up. I let go of his hand and walk down the hall I look in the other rooms in one room I see a little girl. Her skin looks like it has been burned. She looks only five. There are no adults in her room so I assume her parents are out of the room for right now. A nurse walks up to me she asks "hello can I help you?" I look at her for a second and answer "um I just want to know this little girls story." The nurse looks in her room and frowns "sad story. She was at a family party when a gas leak happend in the house and set her house on fire. Her whole family died she is the only one left. We think she will be ok." She says still frowning. "Can I go in and see her?" I ask waving and smiling to the little girl. The little girl smiles back and turns back to the tv.

"Yes she hasn't had a visitor yet I think it would really brighten her mood." The nurse says opening the door. I walk in slowly and sit by her bed. "Hello my name is Zoe what's your name." I smile. She turns over to me and looks at me with her deep blue eyes. "I'm Haily how come you are here no one has come to see me." She coughs hard.

"I just thought that seeing someone would make you be a little more happy. I heard about what happened and I know how a hard it is to loose your family. I lost all my family to." She looks at me the looks down. I see a tear stream down her face so I wipe it off. "Oh Haily don't cry now. What I always say is you have to put your past behind you. Bad things happen and you can't change them so why worry. You just need to keep your head up high. What if I got you some ice cream would that make you feel better." She nods so I stand up smile at her and walk out. I go into Jamie's room to grab my purse. I look at him and smile. My smile fades away and I kiss his forehead and I walk out. I walk over to the cafeteria and get one chocolate and one vanilla ice cream because I don't know which one Haily likes best. I walk back to her room checking in on Jamie. I drop my purse down then pick up the other ice cream. I walk out of his room over to Haily. I walk in and she perks up at the sight of the ice cream. "I didn't know which one you liked so I just got both and ill have the one you don't." She reaches over to the chocolate ice team so I hand it to her. She dives into the ice cream marketing her face covered. I hand her some napkins and she wipes her face.

"Thanks Zoe." She says in between licks. I smile and eat my ice cream. I hear loud beeps coming from down the hall. I look out the door and see doctors running into Jamie's room. I drop my ice cream and run over to the glass. I look on and see doctors all around Jamie trying to make him back to normal. The shock him and I cringe at the sight. I see Haily sitting up in her bed. I put my hands over my mouth and start to cry. Haily crawls out of her bed and rolls the IV with her over to me. She grabs my hand. I look down and kneel down. I hug her. She hugs back.the doctors come out and I let go of Haily. Haily walks back into her room and crawls back in bed. The doctors tell me that he is stable but is still in a coma. I go in Hailys room and sit by her bed. She falls asleep to cartoons so I turn off the tv and walk out the room turning off the light as I walk out. I close the door. I walk to Jamie's room and sit by his bed. I see no doctors or anyone around so I hold Jamie's hand. I use my healing magic trying to help him get better. I bright light shines from our hands and I try really hard to use my magic. The light fades and I look at Jamie his eyes slowly open. "Jamie your ok!" I hug him and kiss his fire head.

"Who's Jamie? Who are you? Where am I?" He says looking confused.