"What are you doing here? How do you know where I live?" I ask as I unlock the door. I try to open it quickly so he won't notice my trembling hands.

"It was on your profile, of course." He says behind me.

I step a foot inside the apartment. It is really quiet so I know that Derek is not here. I open the door wider so Colton could walk in but he waves his hand. "Ladies, first." So I walk in awkwardly. He looks so big in here, of course this is nothing compared to his fancy condo.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him again, feeling a little annoyed. He actually came to find me. To my home. This is a violation of privacy.

"You live alone?" he asks me instead as he looks around.

"No, I-I have a roommate."

"You didn't call." He finally says, looking at me.

"I'm sorry but my answer is no."

"Why?" he asks, calmly. A light frown forms on his forehead. His black hair is so sleek and shiny. What is it with guys having better hair than girls? And why the hell am I checking out his hair?!

"This is a pregnancy-a baby-you want me to give you, Colton. Don't pretend like it's not something big. I can't do it. I'm sorry but you should look for someone else." I tell him looking down at the floor. I don't know why but I feel like I am letting him down which is stupid because he is a complete stranger. I owed him nothing.

He doesn't say anything for a moment. "How much do you want? I can bring your father here if you want. Just say the words."

I feel my eyes get wide as I look at him again. "I don't understand why you would pay more when you can get someone else for a much lower price."

"I told you money isn't the problem. I don't want any woman to carry my baby, Emily. I don't think you understand who I am."

"And who are you exactly?"

He clenches his jaw. "I am someone who people are always looking at."

"Like a celebrity?"

"Listen-what matters now is that money isn't the problem for me. I want someone decent and clean to carry my child and you are that person. Is that so hard to understand?"

I gulp. "I-I don't know, okay?" I sit down on a chair. "This isn't easy."

"You wouldn't have to worry about anything, Emily." He continues walking to me. "You won't have to work or worry about money or the doctor appointments-all you have to do is show up. I promise that I won't leave you alone in this."

"Why do you want a baby?" I ask looking up at him.

"I told you I don't like questions."

I roll my eyes at him. "You are asking me to carry your baby but you can't answer a simple question?"

He doesn't look happy but he reaches for a chair and sits in front of me. "I just want to have a purpose in life. Kids seem to do the trick." He jokes.

I hesitate. "And you don't have a girlfriend or anything?"

He raises his eyebrows. "Do you think I'd be here if I did?"

I half smile. "Probably not."

"I know you just met me and I know that you probably don't trust me but I swear that I am serious about this. I want a baby and I want you to carry it. I will be forever grateful."

I stare into his mesmerizing blue eyes and wonder how the hell does he not have a girlfriend? He is obviously a wealthy, powerful person and it is impossible not to notice how attractive he is. How does he not have a girlfriend? What is his secret, his dark past?

Can I really do this? It's nine months of my life. Nine months carrying a baby that I am going to give away in the end.

Colton takes something out from his coat and I realize that it is a checkbook. He writes something then hands it to me. "This will be yours the moment you get pregnant." He tells me softly.

I glance down at the check and feel my eyes get wide. "Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars? Colton, this is too much money."

"It's just the beginning, Emily. Trust me, you won't regret doing this for me."

"If I say yes-"

"You stop working today and you will begin screening as soon as tomorrow."

"I can't stop going to school."

He nods. "We can work around your schedule."

"I would like to keep working." He's already shaking his head but I continue. "-I still need to pay bills."

"I will pay them for you."

I shake my head. "You don't understand. What am I going to do after...all of this is over? I can't just give up my life for a few months."

"You don't have to worry about that. After you give birth, if you want a job, I can help you get one. I know a lot of people. Trust me."

Nine months is a long time. It is almost a year. I'll be graduated by then so I should be able to find a decent job. Am I really thinking about this? I look down at my phone, at my family's picture. My dad is smiling and my mom is laughing, that's how I want them to be again. I can't let my dad die just because we don't have enough money to pay. He needs me. My mom, Diana, they need me. I don't have a choice. I have to do this, for them.

I open my mouth, close it and then sigh and look at him. "Okay."

He nods with a smile, showing off his straight, white teeth. "Great."

There is no going back now.