"So if you were to get pregnant, you will still be able to graduate."

I nod. "That's the plan, yes."

"What's your major?"

"Nursing."

He nods, slowly, as he looks at the folder again. "It says here that you've never had sex?" he looks up at me.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat. "Do we really need to talk about my virginity?"

"Yes," he says, looking amused.

I gulp. "Yes, I'm a virgin."

"Do you think that's going to be a problem?"

"Why would it be? It's not like I have to have sex."

"They'll be sticking needles in you." He tells me, softly. "A few times, not just once."

"I'll deal with it when I have to."

He frowns. "Do you have any idea of the things you're going to have to go through? Do you even know the process of getting pregnant?"

I don't like the way he's talking to me but even more, I don't like that I don't know how to respond because I have no idea. Of course, I've heard some things but I don't know exactly especially since he doesn't have a partner so-

"You are going to need an egg." I realize then look at him. "One of my eggs?"

He frowns. "I'm surprised you hadn't realized it, Ms. Valdez."

My hands are suddenly really sweaty and when I look up, I realize that he is staring at me with his intense blue eyes. "I'm sorry," I say after a moment. "You must think I'm an idiot."

"Something like that." He says but he smiles.

"I just-" I look at him. "I was okay with this because the baby wasn't going to be biologically mine, you know? I was going to have to do nothing with it. But if you use one of my eggs then that would mean that it would be a part of me, it is going to have my blood. I know it may sound stupid but that matters to me."

"Why do you even want to do this?" he asks me.

I don't say anything for a moment. Why should I even say anything to him? I don't know him. He's a stranger. He doesn't even let me ask him questions. "I don't want to do this." I whisper. "I know that that's probably not what you want to hear from me but it's the truth."

"You're doing this for the money." He says with a nod.

The way he says it makes me feel bad. Like I am a bad person. I know I don't want the money for something bad but I can't help but feel like I am selling my body. Does this make me a prostitute? Does this make me a bad person? All I want is to help my dad.

"My dad-he's sick. My family needs money." I stand up with a sigh and he stands up with me. I shake my head. "I thought this was the answer but I don't think I can do it. I'm sorry." I turn around and begin to make my way towards the door.

"I'll pay you the double." He says behind me.

I freeze and turn to look at him. "What?"

"I'll pay you the double." He repeats.

"Why?" I blurt out.

He walks closer to me until he is right in front of me. "I know this is going to sound weird but you fit the criteria I was looking for in a surrogate. I want the woman that is going to carry my child to be a decent woman. To not be married, or have other children. You are perfect." He stares at me for a moment. "I have money, Valdez, so it's not the problem. Help me and I'll help you."

I don't know what to say. I can't possibly think of a reason as to why a man like him would want a baby. I know I just met him but he seems like a rich, business man who only comes home to sleep, why does he want a baby? But most importantly, why me? I'm sure I'm not the only single woman out there with no children. I bite my lower lip nervously. On the other hand, he is offering me a lot of money. My dad-mom-need that money. This is my chance to help them.

"I'll think about it." I finally answer.

"Okay." He agrees, as he reaches for his wallet on his back pocket. He opens it and hands me a small card. "Call me when you decide."

I nod slowly. "I will."

We stand there for a moment, just staring at each other and then I nod again and reach for the doorknob.

"Valdez?"

I turn around and look at Colton. "Yes?"

"I am a very impatient person." He warns.

I just half smile before walking out the door.