Turning Tables

FRIDAY∞

         I received all the details about Emily's bonfire party from Jack. It was about 8:30 pm, the party started in half an hour and I was still deciding on whether or not I should attend. After a couple of minutes of watching Netflix, I peeled myself off the couch. I head towards my room and remove a blue and black tie-dye jumper from my luggage, as well as a long black cardigan. I take a shower, brush my teeth and change into the ensemble a picked out earlier. I put my hair into two braids, one for each side. I texted my aunt to inform her that I was heading out. I put on a pair of black flip flops and left the building.

          I glance at my phone to check the time, 9:16 I repeated in my mind. I head in the direction of the blasting music and the beach congested of teenagers. It reeked of alcohol and sweat, even though the bonfire wasn't even in a confined area. As I join the crowd a boy my size with grey eyes and dirty blonde hair approached me and handed me a drink. I accept the refreshment as my eyes wander around the party searching for a familiar face. As I was looking for some of my friends I was shoved into a figure as I accidentally spilled my drink, but this time, it wasn't on me. I looked up at the tall boy to see Ethan staring at me with a smile on his face.

          "I guess the tables have turned," he said as we both started to laugh. "I am so sorry," I said as he examined his wet shirt drenched in an unknown substance. "Don't worry about it," he said, he looked back down at his shirt then back at me, "What is this" he asked as he pointed to the beverage soaked in his shirt. "To be honest with you..." I said as he gave me a confused look, "I have no idea" I said as a smile appeared on both of our faces. It was quiet for a couple of seconds until he spoke up, "I thought I could  withstand my shirt but, it's becoming more and more sticky by the second. I'm gonna go back to my place to get a shirt" he said as he turned. "Can I come with?" as asked as Ethan gave my a confused look, "Not in a creepy way, I mean, I can't really find anyone else..." I said. "Sure" he replied with a smile.

          We arrived at his apartment, he unlocked the door and gestured for me to enter. "You can sit down if you want" he stated as he pointed towards his living room with two navy couches and a flat screen television. "I'll only be a minute" he mentioned entering a room. I sat down on the navy couch and observed his apartment, well his apartment for a couple more months because he was renting it for the summer. There was a window behind the t.v with breathtaking view of the sea. Ethan came out a couple seconds later."Ready to go?" he asked as he grabbed his apartment keys, I nodded in response as he held the door open for me.

          We reached the bonfire party again. "Do you wanna go get a drink?" Ethan asked as I gave him a confused look. "Is Ethan Dolan asking me out?!" I reply attempting to hold back my laugh, "No, I uh, no I have a girlfriend. I meant, like fruit punch" he responds feeling guilty, "I know, I was just playing around. Sure" I say as he smiles.

          Ethan and I approached a  table with a bowl of fruit punch, and other snacks like chips. He pulls out two cups from the stack of red cups. He grabs the laydel  in the bowl of fruit punch and starts to fill up our red plastic cups. He hands me the cup of fruit punch as I thank him, "No problem" he responds as I take a sip of my beverage. "Let's go sit down" Ethan says as he holds my wrist and leads us towards a wooden log to sit down on. It was quiet for a bit until we both blurted out sorry. We start to laugh as I say "You go first". "About everything that occurred in the past couple of days" Ethan replies, "Me too" I say as I smile at him. My eyes start to wander into the crowd as I notice a familiar face, Emily. Her lips were attached to another guy.