The White Witch of the North *Thorin Love Story*

Start from the beginning

“Please don’t get up” He told her as he walked forward, she didn’t sit back down but only held her arms looking towards the fire, as Thorin walked closer. He placed his pipe on the marble above the fireplace, as they stood rather close. Thorin gently rubbed her shoulder with his thumb, as she looked down. He gently lifted her chin, and brushed her fringe out of her eyes, as they just stood close. Trapped in each other’s eyes, before they were pulled away by the yawn of a very sleepy prince.

“Uncle Thorin” The young boy yawned, barely able to keep his eyes open as they both turned to Fili as he kept rubbing his eyes.

“Kili had another bad dream” He yawned sleepy, as The Lady in White, left Thorin’s arms, walking over and bending down to Fili. The white fabric trailing on after her.

“Come, let’s get you back to bed” She whispered, picking up the very young boy, taking him back to his room, where Kili sat shivering in the bed. Fili was fast asleep leaning on her shoulder, as she gently placed him back on the bed, tucking him back in bed. She went over to Kili, tucking him in as he had tears in his eyes.

“Sleep now my little Prince, I’ll be here in the morning” She whispered as he looked up to her with big eyes.

“Promise?”

“I promise” She smiled as he nodded as he snuggled down into the bed deeper, looking at her waiting.

“I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, I'll never let you go

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound” She sang as his eyes closed and he let out small snores.

“You’re amazing with children” Thorin told her, as she looked over her shoulder to see him standing in the doorway, smiling down at his nephews. She quietly rose and made her way to the door, as they quietly walked back to the room.

“You should get some rest my Lord” She told him as he chuckled, he grabbed his pipe sitting against the marble, and hesitantly looked at her before he kissed her hand and left.

“Goodnight my lady” He whispered as she nodded. She didn’t fall asleep that night, she stayed up listening to the rain outside and the watching the fire roar in front of her. Deep down she knew something wasn’t right.

Thorin was awake early the next morning, he crept to the room where he had last seen her, opening the door just the slightest to frown to notice, the chair empty and her cloak missing. He felt his heart sadden, he had missed her only to remember the promise she had made to Kili as he raced to their room, to find the door wide open. She was there on the edge of their bed, they were wide awake, well almost awake as she gave them a final hug goodbye.

She hadn’t noticed Thorin in the door but he frowned, when she ran to the window with a pained look across her face.

“Everything alright my lady?” He asked her as she jumped round slightly, before she quickly curtsied.

“I’m just leaving my Lord” She spoke as she almost tried to rush out of the door, but had to freeze when he blocked the doorway. Eventually he let her pass, as she hurriedly made her way out of Erebor. Thorin just watched as once the sunlight had hit her skin she slowed down before disappearing into Dale, far from the view of the balcony.