( 1 ) The Illusion

Start from the beginning

Heading up the stairs, she realised that she wasn't the only one there, a bald man with a fedora hat stood by the door.

"Who are you?" The guy asked with a smug smile for some reason.

  "Question is, who the hell are you?" Cameron shot back, the guy in the fedora hat let out booming laughter as he shot his hand out.

  "Merritt McKinney. I'm a mentalist."

  "Cameron E. Walker. I'm an Illusionist."

  "Mind asking, what's the E. for?"

  "Elizabeth."

  "Cameron Elizabeth Walker. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Merritt smirks, the purple haired girl lets out a laugh.

-Cameron-
  Arguing was heard from the stairs that were heading our direction, I glanced over at Merritt and snorted.

  Two people stand in front of us, a guy with dark and shaggy hair and a gorgeous girl with red hair.

  "Oh. Kay', so apparently, none of us were the only one chosen. Let me be the first one to kick my ego to the curb."

  I let out a chuckle, leaning against the wall with crossed arms.

  The shaggy guy strides forward to the door. "Uh, excuse me."

  "Doors locked."

  "Is it?" He questions but still continues, "I'll check."

  Rolling my green eyes, I turned my attention to Merritt and the red haired girl.

  "You— Now, hold it, don't tell me. Uh— Helen? No wait! Henley."

  "It's on your coffee cup." Shaggy cuts in and points at the coffee Henley holds, he was right. Henley was spelled out with a small heart drawn next to it.

  "Thanks for keeping me honest, but that wasn't mentalism, by the way. That was an observation."

  I snorted at Merritt's second remark, "Second observation; You are beautiful."

  "I'm guessing that every girl you'll see, your gonna try and get in their pants." I shot at him, making a gun with my hands and shooting a bullet at Merritt, a chuckle came from Henley.

  "Yes girl, I will get any chance I have to do what this wise, wise young one has just said." Merritt yells out patting my hair, messing it up. I let out a laugh and shoved him away while rearranging my hair.

"Okay, that's very— very nice. Very well polished. Nice bit." The shaggy man says stepping forward and offered a hand to shake for Merritt and I. "J. Daniel Atlas."

Merritt went to shake his hand but flipped him off with the middle finger making me chuckle loudly. Then something clicks inside.