-My new life awaits-

The day was finally here. After counting down, prepping, and x ing out the days until now the day had arrived. In less then 30 minutes I would be embarking on my journey as a college freshman at Washington State University. After taking so long to weight in my options with different schools, I've chosen the one I felt like would be good to me. The last two months have been such a blur. I honestly can't believe just a few months ago I was hanging out with Aaron, Karah, Katrina, and Tucker now they've all gone their separate ways. So of them have— Aaron was just a state over in California at Berkley. Karah was at the Fashion Institute, school hasn't even started yet and she's already uberly busy. Katrina was attending Washington State for her second year was super awesome; between all the Tucker drama and from then to now we've became super close.

I pretty much had most of my stuff packed and ready to go. All that was left to pack was some photos, CDs, and stuff like that. Most of my memories from senior year were plastered all over my room. It's almost as if my room's a memorabilia, and I don't want it to be torn down. I know for a fact that my parents will try to use it as something now that it's not being occupied. As I finished packing up the last of my stuff in boxes I heard my phone make a ping noise. Checking it I saw that it was Katrina we were driving up to Washington State so my parents wouldn't have to. I read her text and it said that was 10 minutes away that was my cue to grab my stuff and head downstairs. I knew if I didn't get a move on she'd be honking the horn like a mad man.

I took everything that I was bringing with me out of my room; placing it outside. The last thing I grabbed was the box I finished packing and stood in front of my room. I took one last look and close the door behind me. Throwing my luggage down the stairs, I looked to see that no one was coming up. I once threw my suitcase down the stairs and my dad almost sideswiped by it. Thank god he wasn't hurt. Bringing the rest of my stuff in hand including myself down the stairs, I turned and headed for the kitchen table.

"I'm only gone for three months and I'm coming home for Thanksgiving so I beg of you please don't turn my room into a workout area or even a office area. I would love when I come back for break I am able to sleep on a warm and comfort bed and not a chair or the worse of them— a treadmill" I said as I placed my stuff on the table, opening up the fridge.

"Do you hear that Bob she's already begging us to come back home".  My mother said as she was trying to prepare herself to say goodbye.

"Unless you'd rather me spend the holidays in an empty dorm room, and eat frozen turkey on turkey day. I'd much rather come home and tell my lovely parents about my first three months as a freshman". I said asking her as I grabbed a bottle of orange juice out fridge.

Five minutes later we heard a knock at the door and that could only mean one thing, Katrina was here. My dad opened the door to let her in.

"Good morning Stevens family! Who's ready for a 2 and a half hour drive to college"?! Katrina said walking into the kitchen.

"Why are you so excited? You're literally more excited than I am and it's my first day" I asked her started grabbing my stuff and a suitcase to the door.

"Here honey we'll get that for you". My father said as him and my mother brought my luggage out to Katrina's car.

"It's possibly because I had a few Redbulls' a few more extra hours of sleep before driving here". She told me as she helped me grab the last few stuff I had brought down with my from my room.

We made our way to the front door go to her car. As we started walking outside my parents were loading my stuff into Katrina's car. Before I could even get in the car, my mom started crying.

"Awe mom we said we wouldn't go past major with the waterworks". I said her ask I put the box of stuff and my purse in the backseat.

"I know but my baby's going off to college". She said as she pulled me in hugging me.