01

It didn't take long for me to agree to his offer: help him take out the avengers and rule over the nine realms. What the nine realms are, I have no idea.

I couldn't help accepting so quickly. I'm bored, and the money from Tony only covers the rent.

He introduces himself as Loki Laufeyson, rightful heir to the Bifrost thrown. I know, sounds crazy, right? But it's all very convincing when he touches my shoulder and slams the staff onto the floor.

There had been a flash of light, the ground tilted, and we were in a thrown room with his arms around me.

I quickly break away, dusting myself off and glance around. The walls seem to be made of gold, and the ground of pearls. There's a balcony all around, and when I look over, the golden castle glistens in the sun.

"You've got to be joking," I snort, trotting back over to Loki as he observes me closely. "You're the king, aren't you? Why can't you just order the army to take out my ex-teammates?"

"Because Odin does not have any grudges against The Avengers. His beloved son is part of it. He would not kill Thor's friends for no apparent reason."

"So make something up," I stroll to the large doors, push against them and frown when they stay shut. "Say that they're secretly going to take over the world or something."

"It is not as easy as you think," Loki's by my side, but he looks like an older man now, Odin, I think. "He had great trust in your friends. Now hold still," I blink, and my clothes change into a blue robe before my eyes. "Now you are presentable to walk the halls."

I raise my eyebrows, but he doesn't explain and instead opens the doors with a flick of his hand. "Well you have all this power, right?" I gesture to the outfit, to the door, the change of clothes. "Why not just transform their normal attire into robes and lock them inside a small cage?"

The corner of his mouth curls as I walk ahead. There's a large garden, filled with roses and other flowers I don't bother to remember the names of.

"Even with my new strength and power, I cannot take them on alone. I need companions. Powerful ones, with rough edges and no moral codes."

I pause at a bright red rose. "No moral codes? What kind of companions are you looking for here, buddy? Because I don't do that kind of stuff."

The petals curl up, turning brown and the flower falls dead on to the ground. I don't look at him and continue. "Do not act so naive, Genevieve. You know what I want from you."

"Yeah, yeah. For me to help you kill my ex-friends, take over the ten realms."

"Nine realms," he snaps. "And no. I want to capture them alive, lock them away in a room with no sunlight until they are begging for death. Then I will-"

"Whoa there, big guy. Talking murder is great, but what you just explained sounds like something from a dark fantasy novel."

His green eye wides. "I will not tolerate this disrespectful behavior from-!" I roll my eyes and he audibly gasps. "How dare you! I could have you on your knees, begging for forgiveness!"

"Yeash. What is it with gods and all this "begging" stuff about?" I pat his shoulder, really trying to ignore the black and purple aura radiating off of him and smile. "So. Let's talk more murder, less dark fantasy crap, okay?"