Chapter one ( the long journey )

Excuse my grammar problems , please don't judge it's my first story

Chapter one

1 month ago

Once a every 23 years, the lord and ladies in our coven held a ceremony. In which the humans from the neighboring Villages would bring 10 virgin sacrifice of all age and gender in order to save the life of their people from the wrath of the gods or should I say the Halflings. Halflings, are half gods and half demos of all kinds. The ceremony was held in a clearing near a stream at the east end of our territory, everything should have gone smoothly. but, something went terribly wrong that night.

The villagers had set fire to the trees surrounding the clearing, leaving no room for escape. Those who were successful at getting away had been
badly injured leaving them only a few days to live. It wouldn't have been a tragedy if our beloved queen, my mother had not been one of those people who was burned so badly to the point she was unrecognizable and only had a few days left on this plane.

"Mother please come with me."
one could hear my pleading tone from a mile away, my mother look at me with sorrow in her beautiful violet eyes.

"I can find a sorcerer that could heal the burns on your skin" pleading for her to hear me out. but my plead fell on deft ears.

"Hinata ... My child I need you to go get Hayate and go to the bone eaters well. there you will find answers as to why I have never spoken about your fa-"

" but! mother what about you?"I cut in

Suddenly there was a banging on the Wooden door, signaling my time was up. the queen had to rest. My mother turn and gave me a tern look.

"Hinata GO And live for me,for I don't have much time left. "the last part she whispered,those where her last words. Hours later after I left the castle, it had been set on fire by the remaining enemies of my people. People who were angry their friends and family members had been sacrificed, what they didn't know is that their actions could bring back the plague. The one my people try to suppress from awakening.

*. *. *.

The day the castles went up into flames and my mothers final hours, I didn't cry. My mind was tormented by the image of my mothers last moments on this earth. Day's following after I began showing less emotions until I was nothing but an empty shell of the girl I once was.

Had I learned to act like a royal demon from the beginning I would not have suffered the lost of my people. but, I was ignorant and naive to the true meaning of what it meant being the heir to the northern lands. The only one I was truly able to speak normally to was Ren, my friend of many years.

" Ren, what it so important that I have to leave my home before the castle is fully reconstructed?" I asked.

Ren just tilted his head to the side a little as if he was listening to something in the distance, continue to walk on as if I had not spoken to him at all. I've known Ren since I was a young child, he was always soo silent and serious. but, something changed him the night he turned 840 year of age, it was
Almost as if the boy I once knew changed and became a man and the perfect general of my mothers army.

By the time we came to exchange words, it was sunset and we were looking for a place to camp out during the night. Even though he didn't need much sleep, he knew deep down that I needed my rest once night fell and the moon graced the sky, dancing with millions of stars.

" we'll camp here " he said.

I just glared at him, for ignoring me earlier. holding tighter my bunny rabbit, I slowly sat down. while staring directly into his blue eyes with my violet ones. The same eyes my mother once told me belonged to the first born child and heir of the northern lands. There is said to be four major families, each rules over a different terrane. In the order of North, ruled by the night Angels or halflings. They are direct descendent of God and demons, but because we are half God we hold an enormous amount of power. In which many of us cant unlock. Our power was so great, we were left in peace for millennia's. Followed by the southern lands, ruled by the werewolf. Men and women with wolf like abilities, yet they cannot transform in to wolves. Their abilities consist of telepathy with the wolves and amazing hunting skilled, in the early ages when the earth was fairly new; they were consider warriors. Next was the eastern ruled by powerful humans call Druid who's power where spell casting and magic readings, by their side were priestess and monks with great spiritual powers. The Druid sole purposes was to protect the human from demons, yet the humans turn against them and killed the Druid one by one. Claiming they were evil and corrupt. Last, but not least we're the western lands; rules by dog demons. Son and daughters of hades very own cerberus and a beautiful Titan. They walked among people cloaked in lustrous beautiful. Welding the power to transform in to immense beast.