Chapter Nineteen

Alexa pulled in front of her apartment and cut the engine. She let out a heavy breath. It was back to the days she was alone. No more surprises, no more cuddling, and she won't have the presence of Luke for a long time. She did though have a sweater that he left in her truck which smells like him, a wonder letter and picture that she definitely didn't expect, and Luke's promise on her finger. Whether she liked it or not, Alexa had to get on with her life right now. She couldn't sit in wait for Luke to come home. She grabbed her wallet, keys, and Luke's sweater, going inside the warm apartment. 

Just as she reached the living room, she jumped and almost screamed. "What the hell are you doing here? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" She scolded her friends. 

"Sorry, Lexa. We just thought a trip to see our best friend was a good idea." Zoey informed her.

"Liar. You came to check up on me. To make sure I'm not crying like a baby. Well, no need to worry, I did that in truck."

"Awe Lexa. We're yours for the weekend." Claire told her.

Alexa gave them a look. "Oh really?"

"Yes."

"Did you bring Ava?" Alexa asked excitedly. 

"Of course we did. You know, we can always make you happy and forget and feel better, but my dear daughter has the incredible ability to put a smile on your face with even a simple glance. I think that is honesty why we picked you as her godmother. She was doing it even in the womb. You two have something very special." Claire stated with a tear falling down in the happy moment. 

"It is, because you and I have something special."

"Maybe." Claire agreed. 

"Where is my little girl anyway?"

"In the guest room with Rylie."

"Rylie? What is she doing up here?"

"She wanted to come see you. While you're down, you're both so busy that your paths don't cross. So she offered to drive if she could come. Rylie could've came anyway, but we took advantage." 

"Of course you did." 

Alexa began to walk to the guest bedroom and then stopped in the entry way. Rylie is her little cousin. Rylie is more like a sister to Alexa than a cousin, because of close they are. They grew up being best friends, they were basically the same person, but completely different. Her cousin is seventeen and a high school senior. The two cousins dreamed of living with each other. Rylie layed on the bed with Ava, Ava in the protective circle of her cousin's arms. 

"Why don't we let them sleep?" Alexa suggested.

"Sure." Zoey and Claire said together.