Explanations and New Begginings

(Warning: This was written in my 'I don't know what I'm doing' phase)

*3rd Person POV*

"So your telling us that it took you almost three months to come because?!" Piper asked Leo in a dangerously calm tone as she held her jagged sword only millimetres away from his neck.

Leo laughed nervously but with a quick glare from Annabeth he was quickly silenced.

After a moment of tension filled silence Leo realized that explaining it all would've been the best thing for him to do at the moment.

So that's what he did and what a story he had to tell.

Apparently he had spent two months showing Calypso as much as she could have taken in about the modern world until he had crash landed on Delos where he had been rescued by Apollo who had asked him for help in getting himself back into Zues' favour. Leo had agreed when the god had offered him the bonus spectacle of surprising his friends on Christmas day after his half of the bargain had been fulfilled. So after several days of deer hunting and sky clearing the deed had been finished and now here he was.

Leo's friends would've had a hard time comprehending his crazy story if it weren't for the help of the twin archers themselves. His friends were still a little upset at his lack of communication however when Leo showed them the gifts he had brought them his friends were more than welcome to forgive him.

All in all the now reunited seven were closer than ever (well after they had effectively given Leo a piece of their minds atleast) and they had even welcomed Calypso with open arms (after a few slightly awkward apologies between Percy, Annabeth and Calypso).

So after all problems had been resolved and all introductions had been made it was time for them all to truly let loose.

~December 31st at 11 pm~

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!"

The demigods around the campfire chanted as they waited to see if the dare issued by an enthusiastic Will Solace would be carried out.

"Ah to Hades with it! DOLO(Demigods only live once)!" Cecil shouted before he pressed his lips against Lou-Ellen's for a good few seconds.

To say they were surprised to see that he had actually done it was an understatement but the person who was especially surprised was Lou-Ellen as she sat frozen in shock after Cecil had pulled away from her.

Cecil blushed in embarassment as he began to leave but he stopped as he was pulled back by an unfrozen Lou.

She pulled him back down into his seat before placing her head into the crook of his neck before giving everybody else a look that said she was having none of it.

They, for the most part, obliged before moving on.

"Guys where did Nico and Reyna say they were going again?" Annabeth asked getting worried at her friends prolonged absence.

"I don't know but they've been gone for awhile. I wonder what they're up to?" Leo answered mischievously, wording the the thoughts they had all secretly been thinking.

Without a word they all (Cecil, Lou-Ellen, Will, the seven*sorry to lasy to type all the names* and Thalia)
ran towards the forest.

~Zeus' Fist~

"Nico are you serious!" Reyna shouted playfully as she threw a clump of dirt towards the laughing son of Hades.

The two demigods had come out to Zeus' fist to have a serious conversation and after they had both confided in each other they had managed to get into a battle of sorts.

Zues knows how two of the most intimidatingly serious demigods at both camps had managed to get into such a childish outlet of stress as this but no one could deny by the looks on both their faces that it was the best thing that they could've honestly done.

After about ten minutes of throwing hundreds of mudballs at each other, they both collapsed against Zues' Fist.

Reyna was honestly exhausted but at that very moment, although she had been covered from head to two in mud, she knew that this was the most fun she had had with anyone in the longest while.

So as they both sat against the mound of rocks, staring at the constellations (unknowingly inching closer to each other*or was it on prurpose*) the clock continued to count down till midnight.

"Nico, I just wanted to say thank you," Reyna said softly looking towards the stars.

He was about to answer but he decided against it. His content silence was enough to show Reyna his true feelings as they sat in comfortable silence.

It was now a minute before midnight and both demigods had now somewhat recovered from their previous battle but now they wanted nothing but to curl up and live forever in this moment.

In those few seconds Reyna and Nico realized what they wanted, what had been missing throughout their lives. Each other.

In all honesty that was the cheesiest thing that they could've ever thought of the situation but it was true.

They both needed someone who had suffered about as long as they themselves had suffered but not a person who would just take the burden of the past away from them. No they needed someone to listen and share their time while allowing them to slowly go over the delicate shards of their hearts while putting them back into the right places while they could help each other slowly but surely comb through and let go of the past.

So at the stroke of midnight when Reyna and Nico shared their first kiss and the new year began, it was undoubtedly a new begginning for them both.

**************************************************
Happy New Year!

Thank you all who have been reading this story and have stuck with me throughout all my first year of writing. I am truly thankful for all of you, though few you maybe, and as we start this new year together I hope that we all can grow and do what we never had a chance to accomplish last year.