Seeing how most of the high-level working staff in Anderson Industries are settled or married with families to take care of decided to provide them all with additional holidays, fifteen days to be exact, to enjoy time with their family and loved ones.

Having a good execution team is like getting half the work done already; we normally never face any problems because everything is planned and thought over a thousand times before being presented.

my father always put one thing before any other, his family. We were always his first priority and I do not want my employees to stay away from their loved ones, either.

"I'm coming in" Lisa announced and pushed the door open, walking in before I could respond.

"How much more coffee are you going to need, now? You've had almost five cups since morning" Lisa stated while I looked up at her, bored and exhausted.

"There's a lot to do and little energy to give," I said and scrolled through the budget plan that had just been mailed to me.

Lisa had always been protective of me. She was seeking a replacement because she was going to retire and wanted to spend more time with her grandchildren.

Lisa knew I was lenient in the way I let her treat me but there was a line regardless. I do not necessarily have good relations with my employees simply because I never talk to them. I provide them with all I can but that's about it.

"We've got to tackle the new merger tomorrow, I'll be there at Dain industries by 7 am tomorrow. Come accordingly" I said while Lisa just shook her head and then looked up at me.

"Mr Anderson, by the time you're done looking over the financial budget it'll be very late. Coming here by 7 will be too hectic, even for you" Lisa said frowning.

"That's fine, you can come here by 9.30 am or so, I'll be there by 7 am," I said, correcting the insurance budget.

"You've got to take care of yourself, sir. Giving everyone a vacation and asking me to come in late is not going to rejuvenate you. Give yourself some time" With that Lisa walks out of the office.

I continue looking at the budget and then signed.

No one understood, I don't expect anyone to.

I enjoy my work but I was never really a workaholic by choice, it's the loneliness at home, the silent nights and the empty house that taunt me and force me to work to get over this feeling.

This feeling of being left alone.

This can't go on forever.

After almost four hours the budget sheet was now reviewed and sanctioned.

That took way longer than expected.

I looked at the time and rubbed my eyes.

1.37 am.

When I opened the desk drawer on the right, a picture flew out. I bent down to pick it up, and there she was—my ex-wife, Cassidy Valentine—the person I despise the most.

Do you, have you finally convinced yourself that you hate her?

It's weird how the person who used to be the sole reason for my happiness ask became the reason for my despair.

Don't give her the importance she didn't deserve, Dexton.

Don't.

To this date, Cassidy thinks that I didn't know about her pregnancy, that I was aloof to it all and she hid it from me.

Did she expect me to not know that she cheated on me and hid it all, did she really think she was capable of hiding a pregnancy from me?

I guess love is never enough in a relationship.

Not every story has a happy ending.

I turned around and looked back at the photo that had been shot at our wedding. Cassidy was looking ahead in the photo as I was gazing lovingly at her.

Seems like it doesn't matter anymore, yet I still see this picture every morning to make myself understand that what we had was not enough.

I was not enough.

I told myself every day, how I dislike her so that I have don't to worry about liking her.

How you can despise the person you love the most all at the same time?

I picked up my phone and saw that Lisa had left a message at around 8 pm, 'good evening sir, the HR has given its confirmation and I have approved or the same for hiring someone who we think is capable of replacing me and taking over

Great.

I thought sarcastically.

A new person to deal with, who'll take a month or two to adjust and understand my requirements. I sighed for the hundredth time and got up.

Time to head home, finally.

I left my cabin, passed through the empty office, went to the elevator, and pushed the button for the basement.

After approximately 20 minutes, the driver arrived at my apartment, where I eventually stepped out of my white Rolls Royce Wraith.

Taking out my phone I called mom and she answered almost immediately, "hi hon, you are coming over this weekend right?'' was the first thing my mom asked.

I smiled, for the first time in the entire day.

"Yes, I'll be there" I promised.

"You better, it's been three months since I've seen you. If you don't come I'll feed your part of dinner to the max" I chuckled, thinking of our dog- Max.

It felt good; to know that at least a few people still cared.

Genuinely cared for and loved.

♥️
(Edited)

♥️(Edited)