Epilogue

Here we go, the finale of Lucas and Paloma's story :). But if I have my way, they will make a cameo in an upcoming story. Thanks for reading :)

               Epilogue

Paloma sat under the tree absently rubbing her belly as she watched her husband and sister –in-law argue about the best way to grill the burgers for the annual Titan company BBQ. She looked around at all the smiling faces and the children of Titan’s employees laughing while they played games.

Tilting her head up to the sun, she closed her eyes and let the gentle breeze off the ocean drift over her. She loved coming to Stone Ridge. It was the place she had first fell in love with Lucas. Opening her eyes, she looked over to where her mother and Peter Titan sat talking and laughing quietly. Who would ever have thought that they had been seeing each other for almost a year? But had kept it from their children.

They still might not have known if she and Lucas hadn’t come upon them hidden in a closest kissing. Paloma’s mouth had dropped and Lucas had laughed and said “Go dad”.

Paloma was happy for them both and already loved her new step-father. Turning her gaze on the almost newlyweds she smiled as she watched Ana push Michael into the fountain and take off running for their home through the woods. They wouldn’t be back until it was time for the fireworks.

She grimaced as a twinge of pain ran through her back. She had been feeling the pains since last night, but her doctor had warned her about false labor and after the first wild ride to the hospital thinking she was in labor, she planned on making sure the next time. She had never seen Lucas so worried.

A sharper pain came the next time, followed by a warm gush between her legs. Eyes wide, she looked up towards Lucas. Feeling his wife’s eyes on him, Lucas looked up and smiled. Seeing her double over in pain, he ran to her and knelt down.

“What’s wrong?” he rubbed her back “Is it time?”

Paloma nodded her head as she bit down on her lip to keep the scream of pain from getting out. Lucas yelled for his father as he picked her up and raced towards the waiting car.

“Lucas I can walk” she chided between contractions.

“Of course you can Pippin” he placed her gently in his sports car and turned to face an anxious Maria and Ana who had returned “She’s in labor” he smiled widely and quickly got in as they others filed into their respective cars.

Glancing back at the convoy of cars escorting them to the hospital he smiled at Paloma “Are you okay?” he squeezed her hand as he raced for the hospital.

“Never better” she grunted through clenched teeth “Just wish, he would have warned me he was coming today”

Lucas laughed “You know us Titan’s; we love to make an appearance” Hopefully they behaved themselves in the hospital waiting room.

Those were the last words spoken as Paloma’s contractions came faster and faster. They barely made it to the hospital before Jackson Peter Titan; named after his grandfathers was born seconds before his sister Amber Maria Titan named fro her grandmothers.