Chapter 2: The capitol

Start from the beginning

"Who is he waving to?" Asked Meredith to Finnick

"To the capitol people, go look" he answered.

Meredith walked towards the window and looked outside. There was about the whole capital waving at their train, yelling with excitment. Meredith tried to smile to the people but she wasn't able to, she tried her best not to get to freaked out about the number of people out there.

"We've arrived" Juniper approched Meredith and Cress with a smile "now make sure you look good and well before we get out of the train, you want to give a good first impression"

Meredith glanced back at Finnick who flashed her a smile, she was so nervous, scared to end up fainting once she walked out of the train.
Once Cress was done taking forever to look good, they finally got out of the train and walked into this tall building where the tributes where staying. Every districts tributes had their own room. Meredith was overwelmed by the one she was staying in, it was like a palace. The tall white walls with yellow chandeliers. A big dinning table with so much food you could feed all the districts for months.

"This is where you will be staying, Cress, your bedroom is to your left and Meredith yours to the right" said Juniper has she walked over to the tall table of food and took some chocolate.
Finnick went to get some food has well. Meredith stared at them eating, she didn't move to oberwelmed but everything, she had the feeling that she wasn't allowed to touch a anything. Finnick saw Meredith looking at all the food. She was just about to walk to her room when he stopped her.

"If your hungry you could eat, I didn't she you eat anything in the train" said Finnick has he stuffed his face with sandwiches

"Huh, no thank you" she replied and walked over to her room and closed the door behind her.

The room was has magnificent has the rest of the place. She sat on the bed and was stunned by how soft it was. She layed down her head on the pillow and she felt like she was on a cloud, it was like heaven. Meredith soon had a huge smile on her face, it was all to good to be true but, her smile soon washed away when she remembered why she was there. Soon she would never be able to feel the soft bed anymore or smell the sweet smell of chocolate, soon she wouldn't be able to feel anything. Meredith just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up, it was probably better then getting brutaly killed in the games.

"I got you some food, I thought that maybe you'd we hungry" Meredith turned her head to see Finnick in her room with a plate of food

She didn't say anything back, she just looked at him. Finnick put the plate of food on her bed and started to leave the room

"If you need anything just call my name" Finnick said
He shot her a smile and winked

  "When I fall asleep, can you kill me"
Finnick stopped in his tracks surprised by what Meredith has just asked

  "Kill you, why would I-"

  "I'd rather die sleeping then in those games" Meredith cut off

Finnick's heart dropped, it was horrible to have a kid ask you to kill them. He approched her, moved the plate of food and sat on the bed. Finnick found that Meredith reminded him of a younger virsion of Annie.

  "I'm not going to kill you and your not going to die in the games" Finnick answered

  "You don't know that, look at me, I' young and weak, I don't know how to fight or how to make people like me, for all I know I'm already dead!"

Meredith shouted has tears streamed down her face
Finnick saw that she needed her space. He didn't say anything, he just put his hand on her shoulder and nodded, meaning that everything would be okay. He left the room so she could get some rest.
Once Finnick was out of her room, she pushed the food plater to the floor in rage. She layed down on the bed and tried to calm down and this time, she didn't burst into tears. She took slow deap breaths and closed her eyes, sleep finally took over her.
Meredith woke up, she looked at the time, she had slept for about 8 hours and it was now 2am . Meredith wasn't able to fall back asleep, she decided to go to the living room and just sit on the couch. Has she walked towards the living room, she found Cress sitting on one of the couches. Meredith went to sit on one facing him, he looked restless. The didn't make eye contact and just looked infront of them at the giant televison. It was a facinating thing, a television, She didn't have one, she didn't even know how it worked.

"Can't sleep?" Meredith asked Cress

"Nop" answered Cress, he didn't seem in a chatty mood.

They didn't say anything to each other for the next 30 minutes. They where watching some old interviews of Ceaser Flickerman with tributes for previous games. Meredith recongnized some of the tributs on the televison. Some of them really boring and Cress would change offten. Cress unded up landing on Finnicks interview, he was really young, younger then Meredith tought he was when he was in the games, he was only fourteen, two years older then her.

  "I tought I heard the Tv" Cress and Meredith turned around startled by Juniper. "You two should get back to bed, you have a big day tomorrow" She continued

Cress closed the televison and him and Meredith made their way back to their room's. Meredith let herself fall on the bed, she closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but she couldn't, she wasn't tired or anything she was just restless.