Chapter Twenty-Four

It had been two weeks since Harry had last seen Lucy for a real date because he kept getting called away by something or another, though they texted and rung each other up on their cell phones. Harry never realized how busy he actually was, and with Lucy being on the outskirts of London, one of them had to travel. The prince had gone back to his normal schedule, which meant charity events galore. Harry went to the children's hospitals and his main focus was always on veterans. After serving in the wars, he felt the pain of a veteran and he felt how hard it was to fit back into normal day routine. However, at every charity event, someone brought up his injury. He wanted to forget about it, but people just wanted to speak about it. He would have to ask Lucy on how to deal with this.

Within the week and this was why he wanted to take her out on Friday night, Lucy was accepted into the country on temporary citizenship. She was meant to get a job, and Harry knew she already worked on that. However, with her young age and lack of college degree, she wouldn't get a high paying job, which meant she would live easily on the outskirts of London. Also, it meant her working hours would be difficult. Harry had been a little less than at ease until Lucy told him that she did have a high school diploma. She had finished up high school after all, as she worked to get back up to health.

Harry didn't want to give her any extra help but he had looked into it. Perhaps with just a starting job. Lucy didn't need or want his help, as she went out and got two jobs herself. Neither of them were high paying jobs, and she didn't need the money. She did the jobs more out of the kindness of her heart. Her first job was during the day, when she worked with refugees from the Middle East and Northern Africa as they assimilated into society, teaching English and giving them help. Not many people wanted that job, and Lucy found it easy to help them. Her heart grew. At night, she worked in a dance studio, teaching first year ballet in violent part of the city. Once again, she wasn't paid much but it was rather from her heart that she worked here.

Lucy didn't expect Harry to take care of her. If he tried, she could tell him no, repeatedly. She had the money from her family, if she wanted, and she didn't ask for it. Lucy didn't need much to make her life happy, not possessions and not money. This was known by both of them.

In the morning of Friday, she worked with refugees as they tried to get their lives in order here. They came from destruction, all in hopes to have a better life here. Lucy certainly wasn't going to deny them that. She helped the get jobs and helped their children get into school. In the afternoon, Lucy was allowed to teach again, from a recommendation from the charity she worked at with Harry in Africa. Though they technically fired her, her teaching was some of the best they ever had; she was a natural, they said. In the afternoon, when students got out classes and whenever people got off work, she would stand in front of the class and teach them English. She found it hard to leave her job, but when she was off the clock today, she left on time.

Returning to her hostile, upon not having found an apartment yet, she turned into her dating Harry look. For her, in normalcy, she wore jeans and a nice shirt to work, with her hair curly with not much makeup. She would even wear her glasses most days. Lucy had decided that she was going to keep herself private as long as she could, and this meant the change in her style. With Harry, her hair was straightened and her makeup was different, natural still but heavier, especially around her eyes to make them look bigger. She wore heels, allowing her height to be thrown off, but this also made her taller than him. Then she wore a dress, and it was almost painful to feel the breeze go up and down her legs. She always wore a jacket, even if it was easily warm outside if she intended to go out as not-herself, and the cloth covered up her scars. Once again, it hid much of her person.

Lucy rode the Tube back into London, where she was to meet Harry. He had chosen the restaurant again, and she was sure bodyguards would be standing by. She knew she was lucky, though: paparazzi had yet to find them out. They were still free to do what they pleased. Bright lights didn't always flash in her face. She didn't need to truly hide who she was, only when she went out. The paparazzi seemed to have forgotten about her altogether and how she saved the day. With her not going back to the U.S. anytime soon, she wouldn't be back in the spotlight tonight. It was quiet in her life, for now.

As usual, Lucy was early to the restaurant but Harry's bodyguards still managed to beat her. They were seated near her, always the same couple, and she had to remember to ask Harry what their names were. If she was going to do this, she at least needed to know who to stay hello to every night. She once again chose to face the windows and door as she was seated in the back. Trusting Harry's skills, Lucy knew hers a little more, and she would recognize a problem if there was one.

Lucy settled back into the chair and sipped on her water. This was their third date, and what were they do with themselves? Well, she was fully aware what other people did with themselves on third dates, especially her friends at home, but she didn't really tonight would be the night. There had been other planned third dates but Harry showed up and then pulled away. Tonight, he said, would be different. He was all hers. And she expected all of him.