Ball? Why?

John had no clue about how his parents arranged a ball with out telling him about it. He marched up to their bedroom and banged on the door. Their other maid, Mary opened. "Your Highness. Your mother and father have gone for a stroll in the palace garden while I spring clean. I can order cook to make you a platter of Shrimp Quizina." Mary said curtsying. He sighed. "No thank you Mary. Do excuse me but thank you for your assistance." He said. He rushed into the garden to find his mother and father. He found them in the rose garden. "Mother! Father! What is this about a bride ball for me. I have just received a letter from Princess Amilia speaking of some bride ball that I have given no notice about. You have no right to organize a bride ball for me without my consent. I do not wish to marry a princess. None of them care enough for commoners. And none of them make my heart sing." He protested. His parents sighed. "My son, we heard about your dinner with Lady Adelaide. We thought you might appreciate some assistance. We cannot possibly cancel now. You go with your semstriss Lydia at 12 o' clock to go fit on your new suit for the ball." His father said. John was frustrated and angry with his parents. "Actually Lady Adelaide will be coming for tea at Noon. So you will unfortunately have to cancel my appointment." John said. His father grinned. "I see, my son. That is very good news. I shall arrange for your next apointment. Now go get yourself decent." His father said.