Chapter 1: Drunken Confession

It really was a long day for them. Taping to their concert event to a concert for fun. Tom's girlfriend, Ashley, surprised James and Nadine with Clean Bandit and Major Lazer tickets. It was a way for the pair to relax after what seemed like ages. The hype of their teleserye had them going everywhere. And with their movie about to come out, they barely had any time to spend to themselves. They both saw the opportunity to unwind and have fun with friends. 

Nadine changed and was ready in record time. A new change, since she's used to staying in whenever she has free time. But James convinced her to go by giving her his infamous puppy dog eyes. She smiled at the memory, when her phone rang. 

"Hey Nadz. I'm outside, na." 

"Oh sige. Pumunta na ako dyan." 

And there she was, in a black crop top and black skinny jeans. James thought to himself, "Damn, even covered up she looks hot. No, wait...

"James!" -- snapping him back to reality as Nadine got in the car. 

He smiles, "Tara. I think we're late," and they're off to the concert. Getting stuck in traffic towards the concert venue, James grabs a hold of Nadine's hand.

"Ano ba 'tong laroan ng lalaking 'to?" Nadine thinks to herself. "Kanina pa sya. Lalambingan sa labas ng taping."

It wasn't like James wasn't sweet to her. It was just that they knew where they stood with each other, or so Nadine thought. They always talked out their issues when he'd get linked to other girls and when bashers would say things like, "James isn't good enough for you, Nadine." But when the links started to become one after the other, she started to believe what the bashers were saying about her... "I'm not his type.

"Naddie. What are you thinking about?" 

"Huh? Wala. Siguro inaantok lang ako." 

"Really. Don't get tired now. We're not even at the venue." --rubbing her knuckles with this thumb. 

Nadine realizes the sensation, but tries to put her feelings out of thought. "Hindi pwede. Hindi ikaw ang type nya. Just friends kami, di ba? Wag mo isipin 'to Nadya, ah?" She told herself to try and not fall in love with James. She didn't want to ruin her friendship, partnership, and career all in one go. So as much as she can, don't fall in love with him. But lately, because he's been so sweet... she can't help but think that she is his type and that he loves her too. "Pero nag sabi na yan sa'yo.... I love you, Naddie. You're my best friend... yun lang yun. He loves you as a friend lang.

They arrived at the venue and went in still holding hands. When they saw everyone, he let go to say hi to all his friends. She stayed behind him and greeted everyone she knew. Ashley took her around to introduce her to James' barkada. Clean Bandit came out and off they went. 

The went on, and they were in the other club dancing to Major Lazer. The girls with each other, although some were with their boyfriends. After that, everyone winded down with more drinks at the bar next door. Nadine started to feel light headed and walked over to Andre, who was checking in with Yassi. 

"Wow, nag check in ka pa." 

"Just so she knows that I'm not causing trouble naman." 

"If only..." -- she stopped herself from continuing, but Andre caught on. 

"If only JAMES did that? He did. You're here. He's right there. And to be honest, he hasn't done anything wild all night." 

"Eh kasi, siguro natatakot sya. He probably thinks I'll be all strict on him kung may gagawin sya masama."