2

"Who the hell are you going to find to be in the band?"
Penelope asked while eating her lunch.
"Well, I have a few choices but not enough for a full proper band."
I was writing down names of possible candidates for this band.
"And what are the components of a full proper band?" She asked taking a look at the list
"Well, I need a lead guitarist, guitarist, bass, and drums."
"That's a lot of guitars," I nodded in agreement, "But you realize this band has be full of attractive guys right? Because there are only 3 remotely attractive people on this list."
"Why do they need to be attractive?"
"Because only the most memorable bands have a huge female following and fans are everything."
"True, but who are the 3?" I ask curiously
She took a bite of her celery, "Well, there's Michael, Luke, and Calum."
Calum Hood, probably the dorkiest person you will ever meet in your life but he's funny and a sweetheart. I used to have Theater Arts with him, where he sang the entire song of Bohemian Rhapsody during a game of Ab-lib.
I remember on our first day of class in freshman year, we all had to get to know each other and he told me about the fact that he used to play bass guitar in middle school.
"What about me?" Luke asked sitting down at our table eating ramen noodles
"Mr. Wayne wants me to put together a band and I need your voice, do you play any instruments?" I ask him and he starts to leave the table but Penelope stopped him.
"Yes, but I told you, I don't sing," he pouts
"Does that instrument happen to be guitar?" Penelope asks
Luke nods and I smile and write my address onto a piece of paper, "Good, Come and meet me after school tomorrow at 5."
I hand it to him
"Cassidy I-"
"Also, I have to enter the band into a competition with prize money."
He narrows his eyes at me, "How much?"
"25,000 dollars along with a recording contract."
He sighs and gets up from the table with the address, "I'll see you tomorrow... Oh, look at that, we live on the same street."
He walks away
"One down, Three to go."

The final bell rang and I head outside with Penelope.
"So, where are we going to find a drummer?"
"I'll think of something," I say looking over at Michael talking to some girls while he was on his motorcycle
"Hey, if I'm not back, I have a ride." I tell her and start walking towards them
I hear them talking about his bike.
"Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask interrupting
"Sure, klutz, see you later girls," he says and the girls glare at me as they leave, "What's up?"
I roll my eyes at the nickname, "I'm putting together a band for a project and I need a guitarist."
"So, you came to me? What makes you think I'll join?"
"Because you know that being in a band can give you lots of luck with the ladies."
He smirks, "I think we both know that I have no trouble with that."
He starts putting on his helmet and I continue, "And the band has to enter a competition, and if we win, we win 25,000 dollars and a-"
He puts his finger to my lips, "You had me at 25,000."
He takes back off his helmet and hands it to me, "Get on, I need to know where you live, so that I know where to bring my guitar tomorrow."
"How did you know I was gonna-"
"I overheard you guys at lunch today and I saw you give that blonde kid your address."
"You realize that I could just give you my address, like I did him."
"Nope, I'm much better with direction by memory."
I sigh and put on the helmet and get into the back of the bike putting the strap of my shoulder bag around my neck for protection.
"You better hang on, klutz."
He takes off and I quickly hang onto him for dear life. I roll my eyes as I hear him chuckle.
The whole ride was terrifying but I loved every second of it. Sadly, it was over quickly seeing as I only lived five minutes away from school.
He stopped outside my house, "Nice place."
I thanked him and quickly got off the bike but not before almost falling over.
Michael caught my hand just before I hit the ground.
"Yeah, you're going to be dizzy for a couple of hours since its your first time riding a motorcycle," he said smirking
I took off the helmet and handed to him, "Thanks for catching me."
"Twice," he said putting on the helmet, "See you later, klutz"
And with that he drove off and I went into my house still a little dizzy from the ride.
I laid on the couch, "Where the hell am I going to get a drummer?"