Imagine for beccajo01

Becca's POV

Being 14 can be really, really rough sometimes. High school, boys, friendship drama, but it's even worse when your dad is a doctor. Since I was little, I've been terrified of pain, and that fear was exemplified when my mom died and I felt the worst pain imaginable. Since then, it's just been my Dad, Niall, and me, the past 4 years have been really hard for us. He's trying to be the best dad he can be, but it's really hard when he goes into "doctor mode". Pain is something that is unavoidable at the doctor's office, so usually I try to put on my best attitude, despite whatever I'm feeling.

Dad works in a practice with his 3 best friends. They met in med school, and after my mom died, they all became like uncles to me. By far, my favorite was Harry Styles. He was a pediatric therapist (with a medical degree), so after my mom died, he was always there to help me through. He saved me from my depression, and was always there at my doctor appointments to help me keep calm. He was also the youngest, at 23, so he was basically an older bother to me. Liam was Dad's assistant. He was always the one to give me shots because Dad couldn't stand to cause me pain. Louis was the receptionist, so he scheduled all my check-ups. Needless to say, we were not friends.

For the past few days, I've been avoiding showing my dad any symptoms of the illness I've been feeling. I've had a headache, a cough, a sore threat, and I probably had a fever too. It's flu season so dad's been working really long hours. I've been resting as much as possible when he's not home, so I can act normal when he's home.

Today, I woke up feeling just as bad, if not worse, as the past few days. To avoid my dad I left super early for school. By the end of first period, I couldn't keep it a secret any longer. My teacher sent me down to the nurse because she must have noticed how terrible I looked. The nurse could obviously tell I had a fever, and she insisted that I call my dad. Instead I called Harry.

*Phone Call*

Harry: Hey Becca, what's up?

Becca: Listen. Harry, I really haven't been feeling well, and I don't want to tell my dad, but I can't stay in school, can you pick me up?

Harry: Bec, I can't pick you up without your dad knowing. But I'll talk to him and whatever it is we'll get through this, I'll be there for you.

Becca (in tears): No Harry, please.

Harry: I'm sorry honey, but it has to be done. Tell you what, I'll come get you and we can go to the practice together. I'll be there in 5 minutes.

Becca: Okay, come quick.

Harry's POV

Right now, I'm on my way to pick Becca up from school. After her mom died, she couldn't make it through full days of school without crying, so all of us at the practice have permission to pick her up, if need be. I spoke to Niall, and he told me to just bring her back to the practice and he would check her out, and do any necessary treatment. As her therapist, I knew she wouldn't like this and would probably be really scared, but if she was this sick, then it had to be done. I pulled up to the school, and walked down to the nurse's office. She looked so terrible lying on the bed, tears about to pour from her eyes. After speaking with the nurse, I quickly embraced her in a hug, assuring her that she would be okay.

Becca's POV

On the way to the practice, I couldn't handle the anxiety I began to feel and just broke down in the back seat. Harry pulled over the car and quickly came to the back seat and hugged me.

"I can't do this Harry, he's going to want to do tests and give me shots and I don't want to." I tried to plead with him.

"Becca, we've been through this before, sweetheart. Everything he does is for your own good, and I'm going to be with you the whole time." Harry reassured me, like he always does.

As soon as my crying subsided, we continued to drive to the clinic. Harry picked me up, and took me into the clinic where my dad greeted us. Harry, still holding me, carried me back and placed me down on the exam table. Well, this is where hell begins.

After 14 years, my dad could pretty much already tell what my symptoms were. He still asked me, but at this point there was no reason to lie, so through my tears, I told him that my head, and my throat hurt. Harry grabbed my arm and squeezed it letting me know that he was there. I think at this point, my dad got a bit jealous of how much I trusted Harry, so he sat down and let me rest my head in his shoulder.

"Becca, I think you have the flu, but I need you to let me test you." Dad told me.

With reluctance in my voice, "Okay, but I don't want any needles."

Dad told me that after the results a shot might be necessary, but we would handle that if it happened. The test he wanted to do involved sticking a q- tip up my nose, so he asked Liam to do it so he could comfort me. I leaned back in his lap, as harry squeezed my hand. Liam quickly did the test, and then I fell asleep on the table until the results came back.

After about an hour, dad came back and confirmed my fears.

"Hon, you have the flu and you're going to need a shot to reduce your fever, and then antibiotics to get better." He told me.

I wasn't worried about the antibiotics; it was the shot that sent me into hysterics. Quickly, Harry and Dad pulled me into a big hug and tried to comfort me that it was okay. After a few seconds of this, I noticed Liam with an empty syringe. Little did I know that while they were comforting me, Liam had gone ahead with the shot. Knowing that the worst was over, I calmed down and stopped crying. Harry and Liam left the room, so it was just Dad and I. He picked me up, and carried me to the car. We drove home, and he put me in bed while giving me my first dose of medicine. He shut off the lights, and left me to take a nap.

"I love you, daddy" I whispered, to which he responded "I love you too"