Chapter Three

Jay’s POV

I left school at 6pm, feeling surprisingly energetic, despite my long first day of school. Well, that could be attributed to the fact that I had barely done any teaching, and had chatted with my students to get to know them better instead. The kids all seemed pretty nice, a typical high school bunch with cliques and social hierarchies. Hopefully they’d still be nice when the work officially began the next day.

Stopping by the supermarket on my way home, I picked up a few vegetables and meat to cook dinner with. As I drifted down the long aisles, my eye caught on something. Grinning, I reached up and plucked the cookie dough mix off the shelves, an idea forming in my head.

Operation Get-To-Know-Cute-Neighbour entering Phase One.

**

After dinner, I quickly washed up and brought out my prized buy of the day - the cookie dough mix. Setting it down on the table in front of me, I lay my chin on my hands and slumped against the table, looking intently at the box. I wondered what would happen when I sent the cookies over…

The door opened and there was Jerome, looking cute in his home clothes. I smiled nervously, clutching the tray in my hands like they were my lifeline.

“Hello, Jerome. I’ve brought cooki-” Before I could finish, Jerome had swept me up off my feet and kissed me full on the lips. Dazed, I looked around, disoriented, then gasped when I realized that the cookies were no longer in my hands! Looking around frantically on the ground, I was interrupted in my search by Jerome, who winked at me and brought the tray out from behind his back, where he had been holding it.

“Oh, you’re my knight in shining armour,” I cooed as I held on tightly to his shoulders.

“And you’re my sweetie itty bitty princess-”

I frowned, returning to reality. What the-? What was that?! That was too cheesy, and would be seriously disturbing if it actually happened. This was too early to be thinking cheesy thoughts about Jerome, I had only met the guy yesterday! Oh well, I didn’t really want a relationship anyways, a friend would be good enough.

My eyes focused on the cookie dough mix box again. More work and less daydreaming!

Following the instructions on the box, I set up the things I would need to make the cookies on my counter. Just as I was about to tear open the cookie dough mix box, I heard a loud thump. Pausing in my actions, I listened attentively as a second THUMP! Followed the first. Weird… I though, my curiosity getting the best of me. Deducing that the sounds must have been coming from the hallway, I carefully opened my door and quietly stuck out my head.

WHOA.

My eyes widened in shock as I took in the scene before me.

There along the hallway, pressed against the wall, was Jerome, and a blond girl was attacking his lips furiously. They were wrapped in a tight embrace and were having the HOTTEST. MAKE-OUT. SESSION. EVER.

Well, not really. It looked slightly awkward, actually, as Jerome fumbled frantically in his pants pocket, all the while with his face still attached to the blonde’s. I almost wanted to laugh when he dropped the keys he had been trying to fish for and had to break the kiss to bend down and get it, but held in my giggle so as to remain undiscovered.

My jaw dropped when the girl forcefully dragged him up by the collar and pushed him against the wall again, smashing her lips back onto his. Ow. I knew I shouldn’t have been watching, but I couldn’t tear my eyes away, no matter how I tried. Oh, who was I kidding, I didn’t even want to try, this was too entertaining! I knew I was invading their privacy though, so I pulled my head back into my own apartment.