Chapter Nineteen - Gerard's POV

Start from the beginning

But instead of leaving, I suddenly felt a weight draped across my stomach, so I blinked my eyes open, felt the muscles in my face relax from worried and scared to surprised.

He'd moved so he was more or less on top of me, head on my chest.

"What are you doing?" I said, confused. Was he not leaving?

"Getting comfortable," he told me.

I paused, struggling for air as I tried to comprehend what was happening.

He really wasn't going to leave? Were things okay now?

Did he actually... Did he actually want to be here now?

I shifted a bit, uncomfortable with unsureness."Can you-"

"Wh-?" He paused, realizing he had interrupted me.

"Move, just for-"

"Oh, uhm-

"Just for a second?" I cleared my throat, squirming a bit.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, sorry, I'm-"

"Sorry, it's just-"

"Sure."

He scooted off of me and I moved up on the bed, letting my head hit the pillow. "Okay," I said.

"Okay. Uhm, can I-?"

"Yeah, I don't-"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, positive."

"Okay, Thanks."

He moved up next to me, and then we rearranged ourselves a bit.

"Is this okay?" he asked quietly, resting his head on my chest. "I'm not too heavy-?"

"It's fine."

"Are you sure, I can-"

"You're not heavy at all, really," I insisted. "It's okay."

I wrapped my arms around him on instinct.

"I don't believe you."

I didn't say anything, because he was right. I wasn't exactly used to people laying on top of me, and he was crushing my lungs. I could live with it, though- being this close was nice.

I curled my fingers against his skin. "Did it work that time? The test or whatever? I feel like we failed."

"We haven't passed, not yet... I think- Well. Give me until tomorrow morning to decide. I mean, at least-"

"It's okay," I told him. "If you need some more time, I understand." (Even though I really didn't.)

He nodded, slightly. "Yeah, okay. Thanks... Just give me a while to think."

I placed one hand between his shoulder "That sounds fine to me." Actually, it didn't- I wanted to pull him up until his lips met mine and I wanted to kiss him until I drowned, but I doubted that would happen anytime soon.

"You sure?"

"I'm positive, Frankie," I lied.

He sighed a bit. "Can I sleep here tonight? I mean- on- on the bed? With you?"

"Of course. You sleeping on the floor is getting pointless, anyway," I said, chuckling slightly. I don't think there had been a single night, recently, that I hadn't gone down there to join him.

He shifted around and crawled up next to me, letting his head rest on the pillow next to mine. "Right here?" he whispered. I looked at him, tempted to press our lips together, but I settled for touching foreheads. "Like this?" he asked, and suddenly, somehow we were all tangled up, limbs holding limbs and skin brushing skin. "Is this okay?"