The Christmas Store

Start from the beginning

They waited about five more minutes until finally they were next in line, Lauren unsuccessfully tried to keep herself from looking at the worker. It didn't work out, she would avert her eyes away from the girl, but then still think of how beautiful she was, causing her to unconsciously move her eyes back to the girl, admiring her. The whole time she had been watching the girl build a lego house for display so the girl wasn't looking at her; it was safe to say, Lauren was sure that her stolen glances, that turned into prolonged stares, weren't noticed by her, that is until right now. As Trevor anxiously waited for the kid in front of him to be done, Lauren's eyes yet again went back to the girl, who immediately made eye contact back with her, causing Lauren's eyes to widen, like a little kid caught with their hand in a cookie jar. The girl raised her eyebrow, smirking at her, causing Lauren to nervously gulp; she mentally cursed herself for being so nervous, she usually was a very confident person, it's just been awhile since she had laid eyes on a girl that she was instantly greatly attracted to. Her gulp didn't seem to go unnoticed as the girl giggled, then gave her a wink, ok, now she was just messing with poor Lauren.

She looked away, to regain composure and a sense of confidence to maybe go talk to the girl, when she noticed her brother was already on Santa's lap, swinging his feet back and forth as he seemingly listed an endless amount of things he wanted to the smiling bearded man. She chuckled as she made her way over to him, she just stood by him, listening, "I really want a hot wheels set, those are so cool, but I also want like a real race car," his eyes widened as he thought about what he just said, "A real race car, Santa! That'd be so wicked," Santa chuckled about to speak but Trevor continued before he could, "My sister says wicked a lot, that's why I say it. She also says some other words a lot but she says I'm not allowed to say them. I don't know why, how pretentious of her, right!"

Santa laughed, "Pretentious? Is that also another word she uses a lot that you repeat?"

Trevor nodded as he unsurely replied, "I don't really know what it means though," he shrugged, this caused Lauren to laugh as she shook her head; besides his obvious need for a briefing on word definitions, Lauren was quite impressed with his ever growing vocabulary.  Trevor turned a bit to look over at her, not realizing she was there until he heard her laugh, he politely asked, "Lala can you wait somewhere else while I finish telling Santa my wish?"

Lauren raised her eyebrow, as did Santa, "Are you hiding something from me?" she countered, suspiciously.

"No, it's just my important, number one wish is coming up and I think it should be between me and Santa," Trevor then quickly corrected, "Santa and I," making Lauren smile proudly.

Lauren nodded her head, "Fair enough," she said as she walked off to give them privacy.

She was wandered around, looking at some of the wreaths they had for sale that were hung on the wall when she heard a voice come from behind her, "Need any help?"

She in the midst of saying no whilst turning around, but when she saw who it was she immediately stopped, "Uhm, yea, actually I do," she tried to calmly say as the chocolate eyed girl stared at her, slightly biting onto her lip, "How much is, uh, this?" she said as she randomly picked up something to the side of her. 

The worker tightly pressed her lips together, as if she was holding back a giggle, "You mean, the reindeer candy pooper?"

"Yea-wait, what?" she then turned to see that she was holding a box with a toy reindeer, the print on it saying 'Reindeer Candy Pooper', she let out a small laugh, "What, who would want this," saying this more to herself, not realizing that the girl heard her.

"Well, apparently you do," she said back with a giggle causing Lauren to shake her head in slight embarrassment, "It's twenty bucks."

"Twenty bucks?" Lauren said in disbelief, "That candy that this reindeer poops must be gourmet or magical or something," at this the girl let out a loud laugh, causing Lauren to be more confident now that she was able to make the girl laugh. "Maybe, you should give me a discount," Lauren said with a wink.