Chapter 23

Keaton's POV

Wesley and I walked into the room and I swear I almost fell to the floor when I saw her. She had tubes going across her whole body. All I could hear were the beeping machines. She had a case on her left leg and arm. Her head had a few bruises on it and a bandage wrapped around. It is killing me to look at her right now.

What makes it worse is that I had broken up with her minutes before her accident. What if she never wakes up? She will die not knowing how sorry I am. Not knowing that I made the biggest mistake ever. Not knowing how much I love her. Not knowing that I want her back. And not giving me the chance to do just that.

****************************************************************************************************

It's been 5 days and she still hasn't woken up. I can barely eat or sleep. I know Wes is feeling roughly the same way. Drew is doing his best to keep us hopeful but it's hard. It's so hard not knowing if she is going to wake up.

Drew goes out to McDonalds to go get us all some food. Wes and I refuse to leave her side. We are both on the couch near the wall when Drew comes back in with our food. We eat and once we are done we throw the wrappers into the trash can by the door.

It's complete silence until I hear a mumble coming from the room. Wes, Drew, and I all look at each other with wide eyes. We rush to Valerie's bed and her fingertips move slightly.

"Nurse! She's waking up!" Drew yells and a nurse comes in to check the machines. Her eyes flutter open and she looks right at me.

"Valerie! You don't know how happy I am to see you awake right now! I thought I lost you!" I try to control my tears. She looks at me before she opens her mouth to speak.

"Who.... who are you?!" She asks.

She forgot who I am.

Sorry if the ending, or the story in general sucked. It was my first one. I've written a few more that are a lot better than this one so check them out!!

~Audrey