Chapter 02

02

DADDY SAID I SHOULD JUST SKIP CLASSES TODAY because I'm still down with a flu – obviously, a flu wouldn't go away in a day. But I insisted to go to school anyway. I don't have the heart to borrow notes and make up for the lessons I've missed and mainly because I miss Peter too. Well, daddy came back home really late last night because he has a lot of stuffs to finished. And now, he's even making breakfast because I couldn't wake up early in the morning to make breakfasts and even though I feel bad for that, he reassures me that it's fine and to just focus on recovering soon. He makes us a Korean breakfast that consists of a bowl of rice, a bowl of sizzling hot radish soup and various dishes which I don't remember the exact name for each one. I think I should grab a book about Korean's dishes and learn them or grandma wouldn't be please with my lack of Korean's dishes knowledge at all. I have to admit the radish soup is quite refreshing, daddy has comes a long long way.

"What's the occasion, daddy?" Kitty exclaims excitedly as she sits down in her seat. Daddy smiles as he places the last plate down and takes off his apron before taking his seat and says, "Lara Jean is down with a heavy flu. She needs some healing foods." And then he turns me. "Don't forget to take your medicines after breakfast and lunch."

"I know, daddy." I'm lucky that I have such a caring dad on my side. It'd be great if Margot is here but having daddy and Kitty isn't that bad too. I can't even imagine going somewhere far without them and how miserable my life will be. Not to mention, without Peter too. The whole breakfast was silence and every one of us is too busy stuffing our faces because daddy's Korean cuisine skills have improved quite a lot. Oh well, Margot made him took a class and he improves so much, we're impressed. And, every times daddy suggested Korean food for meals; the whole house is up in roar from excitement. I bet Jamie would do too if he could understand. If Josh is here, he'd have toss everything away and comes running. Too bad, he never comes around anymore and none of us really brings up his name anymore, it'll only make things feel even more empty and awkward. Especially with Margot away too.

After a whole 10 minutes of silence, daddy is the first to break off the silence and to take a break from stuffing himself with foods. "Do you need me to drop you off at school, Lara Jean?" I swallow my food and shake my head in the process. "No, Peter is picking me up." I try to sound cheerful so that he won't get upset about how I'm refusing his offer because of Peter but I doubt he would feel that way unless he really did because his second daughter has finally grow up after ages. Kitty's head perks up at my reply and she sends me one of her best grin ever and I know what's up.

In an excited voice, she asks me, "Can I come too?"

I give her a shrug. "Let's see." But then, I realize that sounds a bit too selfish of me so I quickly add. "Well, if you want to."

Kitty grins widely and I lean in to adds something. "If he brings his Audi, you can sit on my lap again but that's a secret from daddy or we're dead." Kitty giggles and nods her head obediently. She'd do anything just to make Peter drops her off at school too because Kitty loves Peter that much and Peter loves her a lot too. There are times when he would come to our house just to visit Kitty because he misses her a lot and that would makes Kitty blush quite a shade of red.

Peter arrives at 7:45am, 15 minutes late because he slept in. He brought his Audi today and Kitty has no choice but to sit with me and fortunately, daddy left for work first so he didn't walk us out and sees the scene. As soon as I get in the car, Peter tries to kiss me on the lip but I push him away because A, Kitty is here. B, I don't want to transmit the virus to him. He gives me a soft frown but waves brightly at Kitty and that put a smile on my face because they're just cute together. Before he drives off, he leans to my ear and whispers something. "Since you won't let me kiss you, I'll do it at school." I open my mouth to argue but he mouths a no-but at me with his Peter Kavinsky's signature smirk and I let out a defeat sigh. He reaches to his side to grabs something and hands it to Kitty who is excited and confused at the same time from the sudden gifts.