In an instant, the pain increased tenfold. A piercing scream came from my lungs as I felt all feeling come back to my body from the pain. My eyes shot open and I immediately pushed myself up until I was on my hands and knees, gasping for air and staring at the ground. The pain only got worse from my sudden movements and tears began forming in my eyes. My breathing was ragged and heavy as I stared down at my balled up hands. That's when I noticed the dead leaves and dirt underneath me. My arms and hands were filthy and covered in dirt. One of my hands was clutching onto a lifeless leaf and was crumpling into pieces before my eyes.

I slowly sat up until I was sitting on my knees. My hand went to my shoulder and I tried to take deep breaths to hopefully ease the pain. It only helped slightly as I looked around.

Huge trees surrounded me, making me feel small and alone. It was obvious that I was in the forest but I didn't recognize anything around me. I must be deep into the forest. I swallowed hard, realizing that I was nowhere near Derek's old home or anyone at all.

The frigid air circled around me, making my skin feel numb. I was only in jeans and a long sleeve shirt so it didn't offer much protection from the freezing air.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to push myself off the ground to stand but failed. The pain only grew as I tried to get up. I looked over at the tree that was closest to me and began inching my way towards it.

Painful seconds passed before I reached the massive tree. I reached up and grabbed hold of the harsh textured bark and began pulling myself to my feet. After a few moments I was standing but only with the help of the tree. I turned until my back was against it and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself so I could figure out what to do.

I mentally slapped myself as I remembered that my phone was in my pocket. I reached for my phone but stopped as I heard leaves rustling to my right. My head snapped towards my right to see what it was but there was nothing. I could feel my entire body go tense as my thoughts immediately went to when Peter was in these woods. His glowing red eyes were nothing like Derek's. Peter's were full of anger and hatred towards the world. I took even deeper breaths trying to calm down but it didn't work much. I slowly moved against the tree to the opposite side of where the noise was coming from.

A few moments of silence passed and I knew I had to contact someone as soon as possible. My shaking hand reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. Without a second thought, I pulled up Derek's name.

I shook from both the pain and the cold as I raised the phone to my ear. The phone didn't even get a chance to ring all the way before Derek's voice boomed through the phone.

"Emily!" His voice was low and so full of worry.

"I'm ok." I said, my voice sounding weak but soft. I was so relieved when I heard his voice.