Chapter One

Damien's POV

My body slowly awakened to the bitter cold of my room. Damn, somebody must've turned the heating off last night. It was freezing! I moved my hands around the space that I was in, hoping to get my blankets over my body again, as it seemed like they had fallen off during the night. I couldn't move my hands. I couldn't move my arms. My eyes shot open as I looked around my room. It was dark. Pitch black. I looked towards where the window would be, only to hit my head against something sharp and metallic. The only metal thing in my room was my computer and phone, yet they didn't feel anything like this! I couldn't really move my head around that much either. It seemed that this thing was dangerously close to my head, and my scalp constantly scraped against it as I desperately searched for a light source. There was none. The only two rooms in my house that didn't have a window was the supply closet, and the downstairs toilet. I couldn't be in the downstairs toilet, though, as there was always a small night light on top of the tank, so if my younger brother had to 'go' during the middle of the night, he could see what he was doing without turning on the blinding light. It was a possibility that I could be in the supply closet, yet that was still a stretch. For starters, there was nothing metal that I knew of in the closet, and secondly, I still couldn't move my arms! It was like they were bound down to something, and there was hardly anything that they could be tied to in my home!

A single bead of sweat ran down the side of my face despite it being the opposite of hot. I could feel my heart pounding heavily in my chest. Where was I? There was no way that I was in my house! I had to be somewhere else! I tried saying something, I couldn't remember exactly what I was going to say, but when I tried to talk, it took a mere second to realise that the bottom half of my face was covered with a scratchy, uncomfortable material that admitted a putrid odour. I felt like vomiting. What if I vomited? Unless I tore this square of fabric off from my face, I would be forced to swallow it again. My heart pounded faster. This wasn't normal. I wasn't in my house. Unless this was some sick, cruel prank that my cousins were pulling on me, I knew that I wasn't in my house. Because of the fact that I couldn't move my upper limbs, I tried to move my legs. Maybe I could gain some kind of special ability and rip off this fabric with my toes. I moved my left leg forward, my knee scraping against the metal surface. Whatever this thing was, it covered the entirety of one wall. Or, at least, it was tall enough to be the exact same size as me while I was kneeling down.

Blood started to drip out from my knee and roll into the crease behind it. I went to straighten my leg out when I realised that my legs were very much the same position as my arms. I was stuck. I was well and truly stuck. I 'rested' my head against the sharp surface, and tried to calm myself down. If I was panicking, then escaping from this place was only going to be harder. Why was I even tied up? If this person, whoever they were, really wanted to keep me in this room, then all they would have to do is lock the freaking door! I took a deep breath in, and exhaled, my body shaking as I did so. God, I was so nervous. I wanted all of this to be one, stupid dream. The stinging pain coming from my knee only made me realise that it was far too real. I tried breathing in and out again to calm down. It only made my body shake even more. Oh, I wished my cousins would just come back in. They were staying the night, as it was almost Christmas, so I was certain that this was some stupid prank conducted by them. They were always known for their stupid pranks. Last year, when they came over, they hid underneath Connor's, my younger brother, bed. At around middnight, they started prodding the mattress, throwing stuff from underneath the bed at him, and at one point, all three of them managed to push against the mattress so hard that it lifted up. Needless to say, even though they came out after around four minutes of the torment, Connor slept in my bed for the next four months. This had to be their first prank of the year, and I was the one who was victim to it. I just had to wait it out. I might as well just fall asleep...If I wasn't in my bed in the morning then my Dad would be bound to find me.