Threat

"You got me!" I hear Harry yell as we get off the car. His voice seems to have come from the backyard.
"Dad!" Darcy squeals, and then I hear the sound of water. I think they're in a pool. I look at Liam, confused.
"I think they're in the pool." How could Harry take Darcy swimming at this hour? She could get sick. She doesn't have any spare clothes to change into as well. What's wrong with him?! Liam leads the way, and I follow him.
"Why aren't we going to the backyard?" I ask him, when he makes his way towards the front door.
"There's a gate that separates the garden from the backyard. I think it's locked."
"Oh," I murmur.
"Right through here," Liam says, once we're inside the house. He places the key on a table, and starts walking towards a door. "Stay calm." He tells me, as he turns the knob, and opens the door. Sure enough, Harry, Darcy and the others are in the pool. The boys are so immature.
"Darcy, get out!" I say, walking towards the pool. All heads turn toward me, and they stare at me, shocked. Harry recovers first.
"M-Mus, what are you doing here?" He stutters, coming to the edge of the pool.
"I'm here to get my daughter back. Come on," I motion for Darcy to get out of the pool. She obliges, and swims to the edge. Using the ladder, she comes out, and stands next to me.
"She's my daughter too, and I have the right to have fun with her." Harry says.
"No, you don't! She's my daughter."
"Darcy, let's get you changed." Liam says, coming over and taking her hand. "Keep it down." He looks between Harry and me.
"You can't take her away from me." Harry says, coming out of the pool.
"Yes, I can." I turn around and start walking towards the house. Harry's cold, wet hand grips my forearm and he pulls me back.
"I won't let you. She wants to spend the night here, and she will."
"I didn't know you two bonded. How nice." I say sarcastically. Harry rolls his eyes. "You will not come near her anymore."
"Yes, I will. You can't stop me."
"Actually, I can." Harry looks at me, confused. "I mean it, stay away from her, and me."
"Mus, you can't steal her from me. I've gotten to know her, and we're finally spending time together. Please." He pleads with me. I shake my head.
"No, Harry. I don't want her to find out what you do for a living. I don't want her to think it's fine to mingle with people like you, because it's not! You cause distress and troubles wherever you go."
"That's just who I am. I can't change that. I can change this," he waves his hand between our bodies. "Give me a chance to redeem myself, please." His voice sounds earnest, but I can't. It's impossible.
"No," I say. "Please don't act like you care. Please spare us the trouble."
"We're coming!" Liam yells as if he's warning us. I remove my forearm from Harry's grasp, and step back. Darcy and Liam exit the house, smiling.
"Let's go." I say, walking over to Darcy. She takes my hand, and Liam moves out of the way so that we can exit.
"Wait." Darcy says, leaving my hand and turning around. She runs over to Harry and wraps her arms around his wet torso. "Thanks for everything. Please come and see me again. Don't leave me for years, alone. Take care, bye." She unwraps her arms, and Harry crouches so that he's at her height.
"I won't, don't worry. I won't let anybody keep us apart." Harry looks at me, with determination clear in his eyes. That's what he thinks. "Take care, bye. I love you." Saying this, he kisses her forehead. I'm not sure, but I think I hear Darcy sniffle.
"I'll drop you home." Liam says, handing me Darcy's backpack.
"You don't have to do that. We'll get a taxi," I say.
"I want to. You're coming with me, period!" I laugh at his stubborn nature.
"Okay."
"I'll be in the car." Liam says, heading back into the house.
"Come on, Darcy." Darcy walks over to me, solemnly. She doesn't look up at me, and her eyes are glued to the floor. I have a feeling she's on the verge of tears. I grab her hand, and lead her into the house.
"How was your day?" I ask her, as I open the front door for her to exit.
"It was one of the best days of my life." Her lips turn into a smile as if she's remembering something.
"Let's go." I say, once we're both seated. Liam is looking at his phone, frowning.
"I have to go." Saying this, he gets out of the car. Where's he going? He's supposed to drop us.
"Dad. What are you doing here?" Darcy says, excitedly. I turn my head and sure enough, Harry is getting into the car.
"I decided to spend a little more time with you."
"I love you so much." Darcy says, grinning from ear to ear.
"What are you doing here?" I ask him, quietly.
"I wanted to drop you off."
"We're taking a taxi." I say, grabbing hold of the lock. Immediately, Harry reverses the car.
"Stop the car."
"Nope," Harry says. A cheeky smirk is plastered on his face. Asshole!
"You can't lock us in a car and change my mind." I cross my arms over my chest.
"Yes, I can, but I don't want to. I just want to talk to you, Mus." I turn my head and stare out of the window.
"I don't want to."
"You have to."
"No."
"Yes."
"Niall was right! You guys are worse than children. We don't bicker like this." Darcy says, interrupting our argument. I laugh at our idiocy. She's right, we are worse than children. I find this situation hilarious because it's pointless arguing with Harry. It's like I'm banging my head against a wall.
"Your mamma, and I are like that. We are worse than children." Harry says, chuckling. "Just like old times," he murmurs.
"So, you guys argued like this before?" Darcy asks us, inquisitively.
"Yeah, all the time. It's just us." Harry says, shrugging.
"No, we didn't!" I snap. "It's definitely not us." Darcy's smile turns into a frown, and Harry stops smiling as well.
"You don't have to act like this in front of Darcy." Harry whispers.
"Yes, I do. I don't want her to get the wrong impression." Harry opens his mouth and then closes it. He opens it again, and shuts it.
"Are you ever going to forgive me?" He finally asks.
"No. Never."
"Mus-"
"Save it! I won't change my mind no matter what you say."
"At least let me meet Darcy. I have a right to do so."
"No."
"You'll leave me with no choice. I'll have to fight for custody." I turn my head, shocked.
"Excuse me?!"
"You heard me."
"Harry, you can't come after all these years and fight for her custody. You're highly stupid if you think the judge would be on your side."
"Babe, good looks, and money can do anything."
"Are you threatening me?" I'm sure he can hear the incredulity in my voice.
"In a way, yes! You've left me with no choice." Harry pulls into our driveway. I am fuming right now. How dare he say that?!
"You're the worst thing that happened to me. Darcy, get out." I say, grabbing her backpack.
"You weren't saying that when you were enjoying me, and my money." Before I know it, my hand comes in contact with his cheek. Harry looks at me, shocked. This time, I'm smirking.
"If you want my daughter, you'll have to fight for it. A tough fight." Saying this, I exit the car and so does Darcy.