Chapter 7: Pies, Laundry and other things.

Start from the beginning

“Fuck you.” I breathed.

“No thanks I don’t roll that way. Anyways, I need to talk to you about something.” Stellan said. I sighed and rubbed my face.

“Fine. I’ll see you in a bit, since you practically ruined the mood.” I searched for my shirt that was strewn across the floor and slipped it on, looking at Tracey apologetically.

“So you were doi-“ Before he could finish, I swiftly ended the call. I lifted my gaze after fixing myself up to see Tracey with her arms crosses over her chest, glaring holes through my head.

“Sorry babe, I gotta go.” With that I headed out into the halls and into the cafeteria. I found Stellan at our usual table at the center of the room along with some of our usual friends. I sat next to Stellan and smiled as everyone greeted me.

Our friends consisted of the twins, Scout and Ryan; they were great people to have fun with. Joe, the total sleazebag who was absorbed by something his girlfriend Sam was saying as she sat on his lap and played with his hair, was the whipped one among us guys. And lastly Tina, the only real girl in our group; she usually kept us in check. She can’t stand most girls and most girls can’t stand her so she opted to hang out with us instead. It’s not like I mind since she’s smoking hot.

“The more I look at her the more she looks like her.” Stellan said as he stared at Rori and her friends that sat across the cafeteria laughing.  I looked at Stellan and grinned. It wasn’t every day that Stellan looked so puzzled about something. I leaned in to whisper something low enough for only him to hear.

“That’s cause it is her.” I whispered. Stellan looked at me with wide eyes.

“No way.” He said looking back at her.

“Yes way.” I chuckled.

“Why the hell does she dress like that?” He asked.

“She doesn’t like attention I guess.” I said, casually leaning back in my chair.

“That’s stupid. I’d rather she shake what her mamma gave her.” He said as he continued to stare at her and unconsciously shove fries into his mouth.

“We keep this between us.” I said in all seriousness. And he nodded in compliance before attending back to his lunch.

After school I headed toward my bike and rode to my first real day on the job. I pulled up at the mansion, turning off my bike and slipping the helmet off and settingit on the clutch. Just as I was heading inside I heard a car pull up behind me. I turned around to see a blue Honda pulling up. I smiled as I heard a beep and Elle’s audible his and hellos accompanied by her unnecessary flailing of arms. I shook my head, that girl could seriously hurt someone.

“Hey there hot rod.” Yelled Violet as she stopped the car. The reason why someone as crazy and wild as Violet hang out with those two was beyond me.

“Hey,” I greeted back before Rori opened the passenger door and stepped out.

“Bye guys see ya tomorrow.” She smiled waving at them as she closed the door.

“Bye bye, be good you two and try not to rip each other’s heads off.” Violet smirked as she pulled away. We both waved and then stepped inside. Once inside we fell into an awkward silence.

“So what now?” I asked looking down at Rori and she just shrugged.

“Mr. Clarke, welcome. I have something out back that needs to be moved and you look young and strong. Mind giving me a hand?” Miles asked as he came into the front room.

“Sure thing,” I said slipping off my jacket. I followed him out back into the almost picturesque garden. He had me move some extra tiles that were left over from a recent renovation of their patio to the shed they had out back. Once that was done I went into the kitchen to find an older lady humming away as she baked some sort of confection in the making.