Chapter 43 - Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Wow, Bessie. You're really far along. When is the baby due?" Maggie asks.

"In about three weeks," she smiles.

"Wow, that's not far away," I say.

"I know it's exciting! I am going to miss being pregnant but I really can't wait for her to come," she says rubbing her belly.

"Do you know what you're going to name her?" Maggie asks.

"We talked about it for a while but I think we finally decided on Milana," she says.

"Oh that's such a beautiful name!" I exclaim. Suddenly the oven starts beeping and the boys come back into the room. "I'll be right back." I get up and walk over to the kitchen where the turkey is cooking in the oven.

"Dinner will be ready soon," I say coming back in the room where everyone is chatting. We all sit down and start talking before the oven goes off again. I run over to the kitchen and take the turkey out. I set the table and place the turkey in the middle of the table. I walk back into the TV room where everyone is seated.

"Dinner is served," I say directing them towards the table. Everyone stands and gathers around the table.

"Wow, this looks amazing," Sal says while taking a seat next to Maggie.

"Thanks. Now, everyone, dig in!" On that queue, everyone fills their plates with food from around the table. I smile and pile some food onto my plate and begin to eat. Everyone compliments me on the food before we begin the chatter again. We talk about the show, the baby and a bunch of funny and embarrassing stories before everyone's plates are empty.

"Well I would have a third serving but I am stuffed," Joe says leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah, literally," Bessy pokes his stomach causing the group to crack up.

"Joke all you want, you married this belly," he retorts. We all chuckle at their interaction before Murr speaks up.

"So what should we do now?"

"How about we open presents and then watch a Christmas movie?" Maggie asks. We all agree and get up from the table and put our plates in the sink as we make our way back to the TV room where all the presents are hiding under the tree.

"So how do we do this?" Q asks.

"One at a time?" Maggie suggests. Everyone agrees and sits down on the couches. I look around on the couch to find there is no room left. I suddenly feel arms wrap around me and i get pulled down onto someones lap. I look behind me and see that it's Q. Obviously. Turn so I am slightly facing him and i wrap my arms around his neck burying my face into his chest.

The presents begin to be passed around and everyone is hugging each other and smiling at the gifts they got. A large smile is plastered on my face as I watch the scene unfold.

"What?" Q asks looking at the large smile on my face.

"I'm just really happy to have you guys in my life," I reply looking up at him. He smiles at me and kisses the top of my head.

"I love you, Michaela," he says.

"I love you too," I say and reach up to give him a kiss.

"Alright this last one is for... Michaela," Maggie says from next to the tree where she and Sal are sitting. I get up and take the envelope from Maggie. 

"Who's this from?" I ask.

"That's from me," Q says standing up.

"Seriously, dude. An envelope?" Sal says.