Chapter 34 - Mother's Day

"Sorry, Q. I would love to go over and meet all of you guy's parents but I have to see my mother today," I say into the phone.

"You should bring your parents," he says.

"I would but the entire family is going to be there," I say.

"Alright. I guess we can go a day without seeing each other," he jokes.

"Yeah," I laugh. "I'll see you soon. Tell your mom 'happy Mother's Day' for me."

"Will do. Tell your mom the same for me," he says.

"Alright. See you, Q."

"Bye, Michaela," he says before hanging up. I press the 'end' button and put the phone in my pocket. I take a deep breath before stepping out of the car. I walk through the parking lot passing all the cars and hearing all the alarms. I stop right before the large white doors and take another shaky breath. I slowly push open the doors only to be greeted by chaos. People run around every corner dressed in white coats or blue scrubs. Machines go off as patients get wheeled around the large and occupied hospital.

I walk down the numerous corridors til I reach the elevators. I press the button while watching the number of the floor it is on descend. The door opens up and I step aside as a group of doctors rush out with a lifeless man on a stretcher. My breath hitches as I look at the pale, bloody man. I can never get used to seeing this. The elevator doors slowly creak as they close. I press the button with the number '17' on it. A button I have pressed far too many times. The elevator slowly goes up as my heart rate speeds up. The numbers above the door slowly increase. 14. 15. 16. Finally, it stops. 17. I slowly step out of the doors and walk down the noisy, white halls. I take a left turn before I stand in front of the door. I reach for the doorknob and slowly turn it. I walk into the room and see the lifeless body laying on the white sheets. I slowly approach the bed. I slowly lean down over the body.

"Hi, mom," I whisper as I move hair on her face. "Sorry that it's been so long that you've seen me. I've been going through some things ever since James and I broke up. It was hard getting over him, but I had help getting through it. Remember Brian? He and I have gotten even closer than before. I haven't spent a day without him or the others. I think I've even started falling for him," I say with a small smile. I look over her body again and start stroking her hair. "I miss you, mom. These past few months have been so so hard." A tear begins to roll down my cheek as I choke back a sob. "I've been trying to stay strong ever since the accident but I need you. The thought of getting a phone call that either tells me if you've finally opened your eyes or if you have - if you have closed them forever just slowly eats away at my insides every day. I can't take it, mom. I need to see you and talk to you again. I need you." Tears are now pouring down my cheeks. I take a deep breath before rubbing my thumb over her forehead. "You have done so much for me. You've always been there for me and now I'm going to be here for you. Every step of the way. I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me." I give her a kiss on the forehead and place my forehead over hers. "I love you, mom. Happy Mother's Day."

A/N Hello everyone. I have realized that I have never mentioned anything about Michaela's family so I decided to add it in this chapter. I am sorry if this wasn't good. I tried making it emotional. TRIED. Do not judge my writing skills. I'm sorry it's short and that Q isn't really in this chapter but I am writing the next chapter already and it is going to be exciting full of action. I would just like to say Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing mothers out there. Do something nice for your mother and thank you for everything she has done for you. Mother's are great! Woo! Anyway, thank you for everything.

Seeya Pals.