Chapter 1 - The Return

An expansive, empty plaza filled a coliseum like building. Surrounding it was a massive city with small alleys and four wide streets. Each one leading to another exit to the Starting City. Within the coliseum, a spark of blue appeared. A person appeared from the glow, looking around in amazement. He was followed by another, then another. Soon, the stone building was filling up with people. To one side another blue flash appeared, a tall, black haired man stood there. He had a blue shirt and black pants along with a leather vest. He had messy, black hair and a rather handsome face. The name above his head read: "Kirito". The man clenched his fist.
"I'm back..." He took off down a path, flying past new players who were walking out. He took off down a shopping district, ignoring outbursts from people and welcomes from NPCs. He turned a corner, a million thoughts flying through his head.
Need to grind a few levels, then take some easy quests... Before the newbies get a hang of things...
"Yo! Buddy! Wait up!" A gasping voice echoed from behind Kirito. Kirito slowed to a stop, spinning to face another man. He had pink... ish, hair and a headband holding up only a bit of it. The man finally made it to Kirito. He bent over, panting heavily. Kirito patiently waited for him to catch his breath. Finally, the man stood up.
"Hey, you seem to know where you're going! You were a beta tester, weren't you?!" The man asked.
"Umm... yes?" Kirito said, surprised. The man then clapped his hands together, bowing his head.
"Could you show me the ropes?! Please?!" He begged, looking at Kirito through his bangs. Kirito's eyes went wide, he had no idea how to respond.
"Umm... yes?" Krito answered in the same manner. The man pumpped his fist.
"Wooo hooo! Oh by the way, I'm Klein!" He offered Kirito his hand. After a moment's contemplation.
"Kirito."
----------------------------------
A loud thud, and Klein was hurtled back a few feet. He rolled a bit, his sword sticking in the ground. He gave a pitiful groan, hold his crotch.
"Oooh... why?!" He moaned, rocking. Kirito rolled his eyes, putting one hand on his hip.
"Really, Klein? You can't even feel any pain." Klein removed his hands.
"Oh ya..." He shot up to his feet, pulling his sword free. He glared at the boar that had rushed him. The animal was grazing the grass by that point, not caring about Klein standing only a few feet away.
"It's so hard to hit! It just keeps moving when I want to attack!" Kirito chuckled, picking up a small pebble.
"That's because you are trying to actually attack it. Do you know how to fight well with a sword in real life?"
"Umm... no." Klein shrugged.
"Exactly, but that is why we have sword skills. You just get into position..." Kirito winded up his arm, the stone glowing pinkish purple.
"Then, the system just goes through the motions!" He threw the stone, which slammed into the boar's hind quarters. It squealed, turning to Kirito. It rushed, and he stopped it with his sword. The pig reared up, squealing.
"Get ready Klein! He's coming your way!" Kirito twisted the boar to the left, aiming towards a dumbfounded Klein.
"Sword... Skills?" Kirito released the boar. The large pig ran forward at a stunning speed. Klein raised his sword, taking a deep breath. The sword suddenly glowed green. Without his command, he flew forwards. The sword passed right through the boar. Both parties stopped, Klein still in his position, and the pig in the same. Klein was panting.
"Did I get it?" As if to answer him, the pig fell sideways and exploded. Klein looked over his shoulder, surprise filling his face. The pig had been converted to shards of what seemed to be breaking glass. That soon dissipated. A small window appeared in front of Klein's face, telling him what he got.
"Wait... I got it...?" Klein looked to Kirito, who smiled. Klein shot his fist towards the air.
"WOOOOO HOOOOOO!" He cheered, dancing around. Kirito chuckled.
"Cool it, Klein, that was just a field enemy, they spawn infinitely!" Klein looked at him, almost seriously.
"Don't ruin this for me!"
4 hours later...
Klein and and Kirito sat at a cliff, their legs hanging off.
"Wow... that was fun!" Klein said after a while.
"You know what? Looking at all of this, really makes me glad I was born when I was..." Klein said, looking at the Starting city with awe. Kirito shrugged, twirling his sword.
"I mean, it isn't THAT great..." Klein stood up.
"Coming from a beta tester!" Kirito chuckled, rising to his feet as well.
"Ya... when the beta was here, I could only make it as high as floor 8, but now?" He clenched his fist, looking up towards the next floor.
"I think I could do it in half the time." Klein looked down.
"Wow..." For a moment, neither of them said a thing. Finally they broke the silence with laughing.
"I don't know, maybe not." Kirito said once they stopped.
"For reals!" Klein added.
"For reals?"
"Don't judge!" Klein pulled up his menu.
"Anyways, I have a pizza coming, so I've got to get off... Thanks, anyways, Kirito!" Kirito gave a wave of his hand.
"Hey, don't mention it, man! See you around!" Klein nodded, and scrolled down to the logout. His smile disappeared almost instantly.
"Uum... Kirito? Real newbie question... but where's the logout button?" Kirito looked at him surprised.
"What? It should be at the bottom of the options--" Kirito stopped dead in his sentence. The button he was so familiar with was now an empty space.
"Weird..." Klein gave a nervous laugh.
"The GMs must be having a fit about this one... They will probably log us out... right? Right?!" Klein asked, grabbing Kirito's shoulders. Kirito pushed him back.
"Get a hold of yourself, Klein!"
"Uh... ya..."
"Just contact a GM, one should notice something."
"Right..." Klein pulled the help menu open.
"Only one GM is online..." Klein murmured. Kirito pulled up his help menu. Klein wasn't wrong. Of the 9 GMs, only one was on. Akihiko Kayaba, the game's maker.
"Says he's busy... probably have a field day with his GMs and development teams, eh?" Klein said, trying to lighten the mood, but his voice shaking. Kirito nodded.
"A bad bug to have on day one..." Kirito said, half to himself.
"Hey, there isn't another way out possibly, right?" Klein asked Kirito. Kirito fell into silence for a while, then his eyes went wide.
"In the game, it isn't possible. Though, if someone on the outside were to pull it off, it should work."
"But... I live alone... what about you?" Klein asked Kirito.
"I guess there's my aunt and my sister... but neither are--" That was all Kirito got out before Klein grabbed his collar.
"You have a sister?! What's she like? How old is she!? DETAILS MAN!" Kirito pushed Klein back in a daze.
"Whoa, man, She's like, 13, Klein! Show some restraint!" Klein's arms dropped, a crescent fallen look on his face. Then, as if nothing happened, he was smiling.
"Well, I guess all we can do is wait..."
"Ya, but the question is for how long?" That question was answered almost instantly.
-------------------
I realize this idea is as original as a plagiarism...
That is... all I have to say...
Peace.