Chapter 9

She faces him. "Tumhe ab yahan se khud ghar jana hoga. Mujhe nahi lagta iss waqt mera tumhare saath jana sahi hoga".

Listening to this Ananya wakes up with a sudden jerk, remembering she is in front of her house, with Kabeer.

As she wakes up from her nap, she feels fresh. Seeing her home, she makes face."Kya hua aap ghar nahi jana chahtin?" asks Kabeer, smiling. She smiles back at him, indicating him a 'no!'. "Hmm... fir kya karein ab hum yahan baith kar?" She keeps looking at him. Smiling, Kabeer continues "Ananya tumhari Mummy pareshan ho rahi hongi. Bohot der ho chuki hai".

"Please" she pleads her sweetly. Shaking his head, while staring at her, smiling, Kabeer says "Theek hai Miss Kashyap, aj apki yeh baat bhi maan leta hoon. Kal se to hum waise bhi baat nahi karenge. Batayiye kya karein ab hum?"
Although his line 'kal se to waise bhi hum baat nahi karenge' succeeds in changing her happy mood, but she ignores it and focuses on his next line"Batayiye kya karein ab hum?" and she starts thinking."Waise mere paas ek idea hai" says Kabeer."Kyun na hum kuch read karein?" Ananya looks at him, surprised. He wants to read? Now? Slowly he puts his hand into his jacket's breast pocket and brings out a paper. Unfolding it, he starts reading -

Sir

I know main aapke khilaf ja rahi hoon.

He utters each word very slowly, so that it succeeds in catching her attention. And as
expected, it does turn her face red, out of embarrassment, for having written the letter, shyness for having to listen it when read by Kabeer. "Toh Miss Kashyap..." as he was about to continue, although feeling utterly shy but Ananya halts him and says "Aapko jo kehna ho aap kahiye par meri ek shart hai!" Kabeer makes face, confused what is she talking about.Thinking that he pictured the situation the other way round, but will it turn different?"Bolo" he says. "Apko jo kehna hai kahiye, dantna ho dant lena, but please aap mujhe Miss Kashyap karke nahi bulaoge. Naam hai kuch mera, jo mere ghar walon ne bohot pyaaarrr se rakha hai 'A' 'NAN' 'YA'! Aap mujhe Ananya karke hi bulayenge, warna mujhe nahi sunni apki koi baat".Smiling, he says "theek hai 'A' 'NAN' 'YA'!" Then he continues, all serious. "Hmm... to tumhe pata hai tumhe mere khilaf nahi jana chahiye?" She nods, in her answer. "Answer me Ananya!" "Ji" "Tumhe darr nahi laga ki main tumse gussa ho jaunga?"he whispers. She looks into his eyes, holding hard, her tears. "Agar darr nahi lagta to apko bina bataye hi chali jati", he feels relaxed after listening to her answer.

Then he reads further -

But trust me aapko hurt karne ka mera koi maksad nahi tha.

"Tumhe farak padhta hai mere hurt hone se?" he asks her. Unconsciously she takes her
hand to hold him by his face but as she reaches just inches away from his face, she realizes she must not do this and she takes back her hand and places it on her lap, shaking her head to clear her mind. He doesn't make any effort to relax her feelings. 'Dekhte hain Ananya tum khudko kab tak aur kitna rok sakti ho',he thinks. Deep inside he is aching to touch her, to let her know that if he is torturing her, it's a torture for him too, seeing her in pain! But it's important, because he wants to know how far can she go, how much can he expect from her.