Prologue

IF YOU HAVEN'T.. PLEASE READ 'SECOND CHANCE IN LOVE' BEFORE BEGINNING WITH THIS ONE..Hope you enjoy reading it!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Happiness.

Perfection.

The view in front of him put the word perfection to shame. He smiled at the light teasing, the playful murmurs and the soft music that echoed in the background, but what captured his attention the most was her..

Alia Raichand.

She really was beautiful, he though when he looked at the huge family portrait hanging in the living room, his eyes focused on her smiling face.

His attention turned to the noise coming from outside, and watched in amusement when he saw the Raichand brothers spoiling their younger cousin, Ian. Not that Ian was not enjoying it..his giggles and delightful shrieks were a proof of the fact that he was literally basking under the attention of his much older cousins who loved to pamper him.

His gaze settled to the couple sitting near them and chuckled when he saw Zain, the so called ruthless business tycoon being force fed by his young wife , and tiredly but happily let her pamper him, effectively ignoring Kate and Ryan's teasing.

His gaze moved to the patriarch of the family, Sebastian Raichand who caught his gaze and gestured him silently to join them, and the ever graceful, Amaira Raichand smiling at him.

It had been almost 3  months since the fateful day when his ' 'hoodie' has been taken off and he was officially appointed at the family's princess's protector.

He was invited to the frequent get together s hosted by the family who tried to involuntarily tried to tug him into their close knit, happy group, but he always gave the excuse of him being a mere employee and professional enough to not get entangled with the client's personal lives.

But in the end their persistence won. He had seated himself on the wooden chairs, a little far from the festivities and a little close to the door, in case he needed to make an escape.

Armaan Raichand, the middle child of the power couple walked towards him with lazy arrogance and smirked, his eyes twinkling with his usual mischievousness.

"Do we have to roll out a red carpet for you now? Dude, stop being such a stuck-up and join us. "

"Sir.." Viaan started but was interrupted.

"Sir? Do I look like a Sir?" his eyes widened as he said it dramatically "I told you to stop being so formal with us." he paused and gave him a look, muttering very seriously "do you want me to pull out the big guns and call Ian to talk to you?"

"Me?" Ian who just happened to pass by, holding his mother's hand, perked up at the mention of his name. Armaan bent down to his level and whispered something in his ear.

Ian looked up at him, his lower lip jutting out and show casing his puppy dog look which he had perfected ages ago, and which never failed to melt his heart.

He looked helplessly at Kate smiled and gave a thumbs up to her son. She patted his shoulder, in a maternal way and went inside the house. His attention turned back to Ian.

"What can I do for you little man?" he asked him in a serious voice.

Ian's lower lip trembled and his big teary eyes blinked up at him, he continued to stare at Viaan, without saying a word. Viaan literally felt his chest ache when he saw the little manipulator looking up to him like that.

"Yes?" he probed but Ian caught hold of his hand and dragged him to the patio where the little party had been set up. The atmosphere had a cozy and homely vibe to him, something that felt so alien to him. He did his formal greetings with the group, having a small talk with Aryan and Sebastian and got extremely uncomfortable with the the way Amaira fussed over him, piling up his plate with food making sure he ate, much to the amusement of the rest.

"Woah.. I thought you were too proud to mingle with the common-folk." Alia sat beside him, handing him a glass of juice as they looked on and he mumbled a 'thanks'.

He looked at her, his gaze lingering on her face a little to long as he took in the glowing, make up free skin with the light sheen of her lip-gloss, her long hair left loose, the ends softly tickling his hand which rested on the makeshift wooden table on which they both were currently perched on. A white hairband with a bow holding back the hair from her face and matching her white loose dress covering her petite form and she still managed to look breathtakingly beautiful.

"I'm the common one here." he replied slightly self deprecatingly, smiling when he saw her raise her eyebrows.

"I still don't get you.." she said after a long time ,smiling now looking at her parents as they argued over how to set up the barbecue.

"I've been so mean to you, embarrassed you, I've created circumstances for you to finally give up and quit this job..but here you are. Still trying..why?"

He was silent, which led her to believe that like every other time she asked him this question, it was going to meet with silence but he said so softy that she could have almost missed it.

"Because if I protect you..save you from harm then maybe..maybe I can finally forgive myself."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Slight change in the cast.

And just to make it clear.. Aryan, Armaan are Alia's older brothers..

So what do you think?

Please comment and vote.

And don't forget to comment since I really want to know what you guys think about it!!!

Thank you for being patient with me!!! I really am very grateful..and hope you love Viaan and Alia just like you've loved the other characters!!!!!

Thank you for reading!!!

Take Care..