Chapter 10

She looked at the night sky. It's been a month since she ran. A month since she confessed. A month since they fought. A month since she's seen everyone. Since she saw L.

    M shook her head and sighed. She didn't want to think about L. She didn't want to think about what he called her.'Weak' 

    Weak, it was what she was. A weakling. She untied her hair from the ponytail that it was once in and started tying it into a braid. She didn't know how long she was going to stay in this house she was able to afford. She didn't even know if she was going to go back.

    But she hasn't ran away from everything. She still worked on the case. Things were easier ever since she took him in. At times he reminded her of L. But Near wasn't L. Unlike him, near trusted her.

    She switched on her laptop and pressed the Keys on the keyboard. The police were holding a discussion that night. Since the holidays were near. and most families will be taking breaks, they decided to hold one tonight.
    M was well aware that L would be there. Well not physically. The clock stroke 9.00 pm and she logged in.
                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The meeting had started half am hour ago. And L was telling them about his recent clues. He hasn't found much. And he knew it was because she wasn't here. 

    Not listening to Ukita's explanation, he wondered of in his own thoughts. Amane Misa and Yagami light had been released from suspicion not long ago. But they started acting differently after regaining consciousness. Amane Misa was set free from her so call "dungeon" and is forces to stay here under his surveillance. Yagami Light too. Except that he has been working on the case with him.

    Light was listening to the discussion. L wishes that she was here. 

    "Snap out of it and pay attention!" Was what she'd tell him.

    Suddenly his laptop made a beeping sound and he paid attention once more. Light clasped his hands together.
"Sorry I'm late, had to deal with some things" said a female voice.

    He knew that voice. It was her. It was Meiko. Matsuda started gasping but Aizawa shut him up quickly.

    "M?" There was a silence.

    "L" her voice was cold. It wasn't the same voice that she spoke to him a month ago. It sounded like she had no emotion.

    Light shoved L aside as Misa appeared behind them.

   "M!"

    "Shokora!"

    They could hear her chuckle. He knew it. After everything he had said, she would only act cold towards him. She would never forgive him. M, the only friend he had, would hate him forever.

'I love you L, and I can't believe I thought you felt the same way'

      He did feel the same way. But after everything that happened, how in the world was he going to tell her.

       He wanted to go back in time. He wanted to slap past him in the face for saying those words to her. For suspecting that she was Kira. He was such an idiot for calling her weak.