Chapter 15.

After an intense breakfast everyone awkwardly walked out looking confused and curious. Everyone was probably wondering what the hell just happened. Shit I kind of was wondering that myself. It was Strange and maybe even a little sexy? At least that's how it felt to me. I wonder if it felt like that for Colton too?

With all my experience in all things sexy I wouldn't really know. My experience is rated more close to zero seeing as I've only had one boyfriend that didn't last to long. Alex is human which means there was so much I had to keep a secret from him. I can't exactly blame him for ending it with me. I wouldn't want to date someone that seemed to be keeping things from me either. Not to mention while some of the rumors that got around by the human kids at our school about the wears seemed to be about secret dangerous things like gangs and what not, I on the other hand just got the "freak" label.

Maybe it was because I only hung out with a few friends who were of the low status at school while the others of my pack where in a special popular clique of their own. Sure they stuck to them selves hence the gang suspicion, but the point is they where popular and I wasn't. Maybe I was just a freak. I was starting to believe that more and more lately. Between whatever I seem to be turning into and my mate not wanting me, but acting all jealous as if on some level he might have some sort of feelings for me, I'm definitely feeling odd. Even more odd then I did before and that saying something.

What's up with Colton and his mix signals? One minute he's telling me he doesn't want me and the next he's taking me to his secret place that he has never shown any body else. Which is totally sweet and makes me smile just thinking about it, but he hasn't said that he's changed his mind about rejecting me. I'm not even sure what that was at breakfast. It was so wired how he was treating me like an alpha wolf would treat his mate. Like where he made me sit or how he made me eat first.

He was demanding and chalenging which isn't out of the ordinary for an alpha or soon to be alpha for that matter, but it was more then that he was flirty with the looks he was giving me. Sure there were hinted with a challenge and to anyone who didn't know what Colton is would think it came off as threatening, but it's how the male wears act with their mates. It was sexy and left me giddy, but even more confused. I just don't know what to think. It's so frustrating! It makes me want to hit something. Mostly I want to hit Colton for his mind games, but deep down I feel like I couldn't really bring myself to ever really hurt him. When did that happen?

It must be the damn mate bond! That's probably why Colton is acting like he wants me one minute and then doesn't the next. The mate bond must be effecting him too. I couldn't be sure seeing as I'm not really a wolf but maybe the bond is stronger for him because of his wolf. Maybe it's his wolf who makes him seem as if he cares. His wolf is probably the only one that cares, not him and that's just beacuse of the damn mate bond.

Suddenly I slammed into something hard almost falling to the ground before strong arms caught me. Looking up shocked to find it was my friend Paul. I was so caught up in my rambling mind that I hadn't noticed I was already at school. It seemed like I had just left the pack house only minutes before. "Whats got you so caught up in that pretty little head of yours Lux?" He said with a smile as he helped me steady myself. "I'm sorry Paul." I said with a shake of my head. Even if I could tell him what was going on I don't think I could. Not only was it hurtful but it was also embarrassing.

"How's it going Paul?" I ask trying to change the subject. Like a good friend Paul walks with me to my locker. I didn't want to be late to class and seeing with how caught up in my thoughts I've been this morning I was about to run late if I didn't get moving. "Not bad. I missed you at the ice cream shop the other day." He said with a little pout. I had totally forgot I was supposed to meet my friends there after school that day.

"I'm so sorry. Things have been just busy and stuff. I'll make it up to you guys." I say feeling bad. It wasn't a lie exactly things have been just crazy for me lately. I just seem to be caught up in my own problems with my impending rejection that might just brake me. Not that I could explain that to my human friends. Regardless of the reason I felt bad and like a shit friend. "I know Danny told us that you couldn't make it." Paul said with a wave of his hand as if it wasn't a big deal. Paul was always understanding. Apparently even when I'm being a terrible friend. I'm glad Danny talked to my friends or it might not of turned out as it did. Danny was always looking out for me. The guy was beyond a great friend. Unlike me.

"I still want to make it up to you guys." I say trying to get him to know I was truly sorry. He seemed pleased and gave me a big smile full of his perfect white teeth. "Okay. I better get going to class though, but we can talk about it at lunch." I agree and we part ways. Maybe spending some time with my friends would get my mind off of things. It would be nice not to worried about wolves or anything related for a bit. It just might be what I need to get my head straight.

I ended up being almost late to class but luckily I made it just in time. I didn't have any friends in this class so I sat quietly waiting for Mr. Kyle to begin class. He seemed to be running a little later the usual so I started to doodle in my notebook not really making anything. A curved line here and an odd shape there. I started to feel strange. Like I was being watched. It made my hair stand on ends and a light tingle spread from the top of my back down. I tried to stretch it out by moving around in my seat, but I couldn't shake the feeling. The longer I felt it the more it kind of felt like a warning. I took a look around the room and as soon as my eyes locked with a guy in the back of the class, I knew I was getting those feelings from him.

He was big as in tall and wide. He had his legs stretched out in font of him I'm guessing from the looks of it was because he's to tall for the desk. He had his arms folded on his desk whiles his chin rested on them. He wore a black sweater with the hood up. From the position he was sitting and his hood I couldn't get a good look at him except for his eyes. They were bright blue and seemed to stand out. As if they were shinning from the inside out. Something about them seemed familiar and yet not at the same time. "Sorry I'm late class." Mr. Kyle said as he rushed in to the class room. I tore my eyes away from the mysterious guy and tried to focus on Mr. Kyle. I still had those strange feelings and I'm sure there because of that guy. Who is he or better yet what is he?