Chapter 5

Hey! It's been a while. Sorry. Life is busy. But it's break so expect updates! Again, sorry for not updating. Enjoy the story. What hurts the most is above/to the side. Thanks!

Do you realize how fun it is to annoy people?!

The answer: extremely.

After we got home, Izzy and Blake set things up for their friend that are coming over. I'm excited. I know Blake will still hurt me, Izzy can't stop it. Or his dad will. He still can barely move after he got stabbed. Baby. I was told to stay in my room, in other words the basement for most of time. But where's the fun in that?

"Zoey!" Blake called down.

"Yea?" I call back.

"Come here!"

I get up from the bed and jog up the stairs.

"Yes?"

"They will be here in ten minutes. Be on your best behavior, or I swear I will make you pay. Don't do anything stupid-"

"Can I have your definition of stupid please?  I interrupt.

He narrows his eyes at me. "Don't interrupt, don't beg, don't be annoying, be quiet, and stay out of the way."

"So basically don't be a Zoey."

He grins, pats my head while nodding and says "You're getting the idea!"

I push his hand away while saying "I'm not a dog you know."

"Believe me, you can be."

I feel like that's an insult.

But.

Oh.

I get it.

"Jerk." I mutter  sticking my tongue out and running back downstairs.

He says something but it's muffled and I don't understand. He shuts the door and lay back down.

I think I'm crazy.

I don't know if I want to try and run away. It's kinda nice to have someone are for you. Even if Blake hits me, I think I'm growing on him.

My thoughts are interrupted when the door creaks open and light footsteps come down the stairs. I immediately address them to Izzy. She steps forward and hands me something. It's a IPad covered with a blue and gold case.

"Um...?"

She laughs lightly. "You can play on it. I'm assuming Blake wants you down here most of time. Don't worry, there's music on there. Just don't play it too loud. I took the password off for now. Do you know how to work it?"

"Oh thanks! I kinda know. Thanks Izzy." I say smiling.

She smiles back. "Your welcome. You can always hang with me okay?"

I nod "Okay thanks. Do you-" a ping echoes through the house. It must have been the doorbell. "They're here!" I exclaim.

"Yeah. Come on come meet them."

I place the IPad on the bed, then follow Izzy up the stairs. Blake is standing in the doorway with a couple of guys and girls. Izzy goes up and starts talking to them. I stand back, just watching. I'm not trying to be a stalker or anything. Just people watching. That still sounds creepy. I'll just stop talking.....to myself.