Chapter Two: Nice To Know You

Start from the beginning

Well, letting anyone else know about their relationship was now completely out of the question.

~×*×~

An hour later, the five members of One Direction were in Harry's dorm--as he was the only one of them who didn't have a roommate. Zayn and Liam were sitting together on the stylish black love seat, Liam complaining about Zayn's attempt to grow a mustache, Niall was attacking Harry's tin of salted honey-roasted peanuts on the matching recliner, and Louis and Harry sat on the couch, Lou with his legs crossed, Harry with his feet resting in Louis's lap.

Niall checked his phone, standing up. "Imma go take a walk, lads. I'll be back soon." He pointed at Liam and Zayn. "Tell 'im." Niall walked away, hands casually in his pockets.

"What was that all about?"

"Maybe he's trying to be healthier?" Liam offered.

Niall walked back into the room, pointing to the peanuts. "Can I take these, Haz?"

"Sho 'nuff, Nialler."

He picked up the can. "Thank you," he said cheerfully, walking away again. Over his shoulder, he called, "Tell 'im!"

"So much for that idea, Li." Zayn pat Liam on the head. Liam sighed, shaking his head.

Louis raised a confused eyebrow. "What does Niall want you to tell me?"

Harry laughed quietly, "Yeah, Daddy Direction and Momma Mirror, do tell."

Louis looked at Harry. "What?"

Zayn huffed. "Why am I the mum?"

Liam rubbed his shoulder. "Because I'm the dad?"

"WAIT," Louis said. "Don't tell me!" He pointed at Liam and Zayn, "You two are a couple. Liam is responsible, timely, and organized, so he's Daddy. Zayn is fashionable, dramatic, and mysterious, so he's Mommy. Niall's the oldest child, he eats the most, is fairly responsible, and is independent. And Harry was the little brother, cheeky, flirty, and cuddly." He crossed his legs, resting his elbow on his knee, and his chin on his knuckles. "So, am I close?"

Zayn and Liam looked at each other. "That's exactly how it is."

Zayn grinned. "How did you do that?"

Louis shrugged. "I'm Louis Tomlinson. I am quite fashionable. I am half sass and half ass." He pursed his lips. "Seriously. You've seen it." He paused, face returning to normal. "Sometimes I do and say funny things. I almost always see the invisible strings that connect people."

"Dat's cool, Boo," Harry drawled in his slow way, a smile dimpling his cheeks.

"Thank you, Hazza." He replied happily.

"So," Liam said, "you're okay with all of this?"

Louis raised an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I be? Love is love. I grew up in a house full of estrogen, so I'm not exactly the Macho Man Randy Savage." At the blank looks he received, Lou exclaimed, "Really?!"

~×*×~

The death metal band went back to the dorm that Nathan and Pickles shared. All of the furniture was black and boxy. Toki sat crisscross on a chair across from Murderface, who claimed the love seat by sprawling across it, though less than ten minutes later, he got up and left the dorm. Pickles sat next to Nathan on the couch, leaning on the armrest, both legs pulled up onto the couch. Nathan sat back, an arm draped over the back of the couch, the other resting on the arm rest, his legs crossed, his ankle on his knee. Skwisgaar sat on the singular chair next to Toki's, slouched down, his head and shoulders above the back and arms, his guitar on his lap, his fingers plucking idly at the strings though it wasn't plugged into an amp, his long legs splayed out before him, one of his feet hidden under the angular black coffee table.