Chapter Two: Nice To Know You

A/N: I own nothing, credit for the art goes to its artist. I had a sort of Pokemon/Hetalia moment when writing the beginning. (.... I CHOOSE YOU!)

Multimedia: *grins* The Metalocalypse has begun..!

Dethklok Minute: Toki is the youngest member of Dethklok. In the show, Murderface is 40, Pickles is 38, Nathan is 36, Skwisgaar is 34, and Toki is 25.

*Note, in this work their approximate ages are: Murderface almost (eventually) 19, Pickles 18 3/4, Nathan 18 1/2, Skwisgaar 18, and Toki 17*

This chapter is the 'Honeymoon' chapter (love this chapter, but hate it). Next chapter, things get serious again.

Warning: Dropping a major bomb in this chapter.

Enjoy.

"In the name of metal," he growled, "we, Dethklok, Claim you, Toki Wartooth, to join our band in making everything metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity. Do you accept?"

Toki froze in surprise, not realizing when Louis slipped the microphone into his hand.

From the dimness behind him, came a muted, very norwegian, "Pokker!"

Toki, stood there for a moment, the offer sinking in. The very people Nik warned him about were the ones who wanted him in their band so badly they shucked tradition. Brendon had told Toki all about the Claiming. It was how bands were formed. A leader of a band chose new blood to train and have as a part of their group. Generally, the one being Claimed accepted the offer they were extended gratefully. In all of the years of the Academy, only one person had ever refused a Claim, and, until now, no one had ever Claimed early. As Toki stood there, weighing the pros and cons, other bands hastily began scribbling on their forms, calling out Claims to the guitarist.

His head abruptly snapped up as he muttered, "Ja, jeg godtar," his voice being picked up by the microphone, though it was hard to hear over the crowd.

Skwisgaar's mouth pulled into a smirk, which did not go unnoticed by his band mates.

"What'sch that schmirk for, Schwischgaar?" Murderface asked, his lisp tainting every 'S.'

"Ja, Swedish and Norwegian are nots that differents."

"So?" Nathan prodded.

Upon Skwisgaar's smirk growing into a knowing smile, Pickles exclaimed, "Oap! That's a yes!"

Having come to a decision, Toki spoke directly into the microphone. "Stille!" The crowd quieted once again. The brunette turned toward the quartet that first wanted to Claim him. Steeling his resolve, he said, "It is an honor for me to accept your offer."

From behind him, Nik exclaimed, "Toki, hva pokker driver du med?"

"What does it look like?" Toki responded, features hard. "I've been Claimed."

Not to be outdone by their hatred-filled rivals, the raven-haired member of the resident boy band stood up on his chair as the quiffed brunette finished filling out their own Claims form. The curly-haired gangly boy climbed up on his chair, almost falling over as a shorter blonde hopped up on his own. Finishing the form, the first brunette stepped onto his chair brandishing the form. Spotlights hit those four boys and the other new boy on the stage. "Louis 'The Tommo' Tomlinson, in the name of catchy pop, we, One Direction, Claim you as our fifth and final member. We want you to join our family. Do you agree?"

Without a second thought, Lou responded, "Absolutely! Thank you."

The death god quartet locked eyes with the four princes of pop, brutal glares meeting bubblegum stares in a silent contest between both groups as their rivalry heated up once again. The brothers glanced wearily at each other, realizing that they had just put themselves on opposite sides of a great rift unintentionally, so soon after being reunited.