The Power is Revealed

Start from the beginning

"That boy is a Hero. Or he's just crazy." Katie responded. I wanted to get it off my mind, so I asked Katie, "How is your extra credit project coming along?"

"Incredible! Let me show you..." Katie pulled out her laptop from her backpack and excitedly typed at her keyboard. "My 'brain games' I got are very challenging! For example..."

She typed, and dots appeared on the screen. "Hot many lines do you see?" She said. I looked carefully.

"It seems like a hundred." I said. "Actually," Katie said, "there are no lines at all. It's just a trick of the brain."

I smiled in impression and looked out the door. We were already at school. "Ok, time to get off!" The driver said.

We all got off - but I waited behind to see how Brett was going, and Katie waited for me. In truth, Brett got off from under the bus, brushing himself off.

The driver came off and shook Brett's hand, saying his thanks. Brett smiled, and then went inside school to clean up. "Wow." I said. Katie pulled me to class while I was mesmerized.

I finally shaked myself and sat in my seat. The bell rang and everyone sat in their seat, while Brett just came in. Followed behind him was a man with white hair-but it wasn't an old white is was just the color white-glasses, a blue shirt, and a black tie and pants.

"Hello!" He said while Brett took his seat. "I am Mr.Z." He wrote his name on the board. "I am your new substitute for the year."

Everyone gasped and whispered to their friends. Everyone loved out old teacher, Mr.Jimmy, especially Brett. They seemed to share a common essence.

But Brett just sat there calmly, looking at Mr.Z. "Don't worry," Mr.Z said, "your old teacher is fine. The school board jut wanted to mix it up a bit this year."

"But nonetheless," he continued, "we will still continue with his regular plans." Everyone calmed down.

"Now, can anyone tell me what you do in an animal attack?" Mr.Z said. Brett raised his hand, and Mr.Z pointed at him to answer.

"Climb a tree." Brett said. "Yes," Mr.Z said, "Find as tree. And why?" Mr.Z pointed both fingers at Brett.

"Most dangerous animals can't climb." Brett said. "Correct!" Mr.Z said

...............................................................

At 2:30 that day

Victoria's POV

The day went by quickly. I was ready for the weekend! But I didn't know what I was going to do, because I had nothing planned.

At this time we all read our books until the bell rang. But none of us read out books more thoroughly than Brett. You wouldn't believe how fast he scanned across his Bible.

*crunch* I heard something from out side. *Crunch* This time it was louder, and I looked out the window. I couldn't see anything out there.

*CRUNCH*! This time everyone looked at the window, except for Brett. He seemed calm, cool, and collected.

But I was freaking out! The noises seemed to get closer and closer. What was it that could make those noises?"

Then we all heard a low, vibrating, evil *ROOOOOAAAAARRR*!!! Mr.Z said, calmly, "I believe for today, an early release would be adequate for this situation.

Green light. Everyone flew out the door, that was, except for Brett. He just stayed in his chair and looked at the wall. I went over to him, and grabbed him, trying to pull him out of the seat, saying, "Come on, Brett! We have to go!"

But he just sat there, not fazed by my pleas. Then, Katie pulled me into a corner, saying, "Come on, Victoria! Leave him to defend himself!"

"You go on ahead. I'll catch up with you." I said. "I wanna see what's up with this freak." As soon as I said that, Brett jerked his head back strait at me.

Then he got up, and started walking towards me. "Oh no. You shouldn't have said that!" Katie said. "Now he's coming over here to give you a piece of his own medicine!"

"Go, Katie."

"What?!"

"I'll be fine he won't hurt me."

"Ok, whatever you say!" And she left.

I got terrified, and started to shake. Brett continued on his march, and kept walking towards me, and stopped when he got in between me and the wall. Then, he said, "I'm sorry you had to witness this."

Then, all of a sudden, the wall smashed into pieces, with a giant crocodile head coming from behind it with its jaws coming right at us! The force of the blast threw me on the ground, but it only blew Brett'a hair.

Then, Brett put his right hand behind him slightly, and a glowing tree shot out of the ground and punched the crocodile in the face, pushing him far away from the school. Brett said, "Go. Now." And helped me up.

Who was this boy? Was it he that did that tree thing? Or am I just going crazy