The Power is Revealed

Victoria's POV:

I woke up feeling rejuvenated and refreshed after a good nights rest. I got up and looked in the mirror. I sighed- apparently my long brown hair wasn't as happy as I was.

I took my brush and started stroking my hair. I thought to myself, "I should cut it as soon as possible." When I was done stroking, I looked at my features.

My brown hair, blue eyes, light skin, and a few freckles on my cheeks. Then I went downstairs and sat at the granite bar. My Dad was waiting for me.

"Good Mornin', Kiddo!" He said. "Made ya breakfast!" He held out a bowl of cereal.

"Thanks dad." I responded. I took the bowl and started eating them. "You better eat them fast," dad said, "it's already 7 o'clock."

I nearly choked on my food. "Why didn't you wake me?!" Then I quickly gobbled down my food and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Next I went to my room and put on my school uniform (which was a navy blue skirt with a white shirt and navy jacket) and my make-up. Then I quickly gathered my stuff into my backpack and ran out the door, saying, "Bye Dad, love you!"

He responded, "See ya, Love ya!" Once I calmed myself down I changed my pace to a walk. When the bus stop was in sight, I saw a boy about my age-which is thirteen- sitting on the bench.

I had seen him around school sometimes. What was his name? Oh, yeah, Brett! I sat on the bench with Brett, watching him stare up at the clouds with his arms behind his head.

He noticed me, and turned to me, saying, "S'up!" smiling while waving hi. I responded, "Hi." Returning an awkward smile.

Thankfully, the bus came and broke our awkward connection. I went in first, but Brett just sat there, looking at the back of the bus. "C'mon, kid! You gonna sit there all day.

Brett stood up and walked into the bus- but he stopped the doors from shutting, saying, "There are pieces loose under the bus, and I could hear a wrench in the tank. You've been lucky so far, but if you go any further, the bus will explode."

Brett walked off the bus and gestured his hand towards the back. The bus driver got off to go look at it, muttering to himself, "I've got no freakin' time for this..."

I went and sat by the window closest to Brett and the bus driver by my nerdy friend, Katie. I opened up the window so I could hear them. Katie said to me, "What are you doing?! Do you know how fast germs accumulate in wind?"

"Quiet Katie!" I said sternly. "I'm trying to listen." I could just hear the bus driver say, "Your right, there are loose parts and there is a wrench in there. But I don't have the tools to fix it!"

"Don't worry." Brett said. "I am small enough to fit through the bottom of the bus, so I will pull out the loose parts to get the wrench, and use the wrench and my body to hold it together."

I couldn't believe what this boy was saying. He couldn't do that. He wouldn't do that.

"Kid, I can't have you being under a bus, much less if its driving." The driver said. "Don't worry." Brett said. "I won't give you a choice."

Brett quickly rolled under the bus, getting to work. I could already hear him grabbing for the wrench.

I don't believe it.

I couldn't believe it.

But he did it.

The bus driver came back onto the bus, saying to himself, "That is one crazy kid." And he drove off.

I was on the edge of my seat looking and seeing if Brett had fallen off. No one else seemed to notice - they were too caught up in their own selfish lives. "Can you believe this?" I asked Katie.