It's Chris-mas Time! {part 1}

December 24th, sharply 2PM. The bell rings and all the students run out of their classes to their lockers to put on their boots and jackets, while you and your best friend Madeline slowly walked towards them, talking about how excited you both are about the holidays.

"You know, maybe you should tell him." Madeline all the suddenly said, not even caring about the random change of topic.

"What?" you asked, as if you didn't know what she was talking about.

"Maybe you should tell Chris about what feelings you have for him. I mean, it's Christmas and even if he won't say what you wish he would, he and you can both still be happy because we all are at this time of the year, if you know what I mean..." she explained with a small smile on her face.

"Ugh, yeah, I do understand what you're trying to say, but hell no! It's in my blood that I can't flirt with men, no matter how good or bad looking they are. Besides, it could ruin our friendship. Forever..." you sighed, putting on your sneakers. You never wanted to wear anythung else but those, no matter how hot or cold it was.

"I don't think so Y/n," Madeline insisted and you rolled your eyes, "Actually, I'm pretty sure he likes you too."

You angrily put on your coat, grabing your school bag, shutting the doors of your locker and gave Madeline an annoyed look, saying, "You know, my life is not a fairytale, neither is yours or anybody else's. Some people are just lucky enough to find their true love. However, I do know that I don't even want to try to find one, because I'll end up heart broken. I don't know that, but I can feel it and I don't really feel like testing my frustration tolerance, school's been stressful enough for me."

You walked pass her, telling her that you have to go, because you have to catch your bus. She knew it was not true, that this wasn't why you had to go, because you live only about a mile away from school. So you ran up the hill behind the school. The macadam road was slippery because the snow was melting; it looked like it was going to be a warm winter. 

When you got up the hill, you saw the one and only bench by the road. You slowly walked towards it when you saw another person sitting on it. You took a deep breath, deciding on whether you should sit beside them or not, but you were too mad at Madeline to go back, so you decided to hide under your hood and sit next to a stranger.

You sat down and started to think about the argument you had with Madeline and thought of how you would feel if she would just yell at you like that. She was probably feeling terrible. You remembered yourself of what she said.

"Maybe you should tell Chris about what feelings you have for him."

You just couldn't get those words out of your head. Maybe she was right. You probably really don't have anything to lose. Except the only male friend you've ever had. You just wished you could have Chris by your side right now, so you could hug him and tell him everything that botheres you. Then he would tell you everything will be okay and you would stare at his eyes, he would stare at yours and then you would both just start slowly leaning in until...

*phone rings*

Your thoughts were unterrupted by your phone ringing in your pocket. It was Madeline. You looked at the person next to you. They were talking on the phone as well. The voice was male and quiet. You decided to answer, but keep your voice down, just to be polite.

"Hey."  you said.

"Hey Y/n. Look, I'm sorry about everything I've said. It's you and Chris, I shouldn't be saying those things. I've thought about it and I'm truly sorry."

"Maddy, please, don't say that, it's just me. I totally overreacted, I'm just so afraid of doing it, it's kind of creepy to think about it and I can't even imagine how it would look like if I actually told him. But to be honest, I think I am ready, no matter what. And that's because of you. Thanks to you I now know what's right and what's wrong, so thank you for that and I hope you forgive me, I'm sorry for yelling at you for like no reason, I shouldn't have done that." you said, sadly smiling, hoping you and Madeline will make up. When she said it's all good, you smiled widely, looking at the man that was sitting next to you and it looked like he was listening to your conversation, but just a second later his phone rang again so you just said thanks to Maddy and hung up.

"No, not yet. I'll call her now. Thanks budd." you heard the man next to you say.

You let that go out of your head immediatly and thought about Chris. Should you call him and tell him? Should you call him to meet you right here, right now? Text him? You couldn't decide so you waited a bit longer to make sure you would really do what's right and not fuck everything up, like you usually did.

But just then, your phone rang and the only thing you could see was that one word written on the screen: Chris.

You took a deep breath and slid your thumb across the screen to answer the call.

Just as you were about to say hi, an incredibly annoying high tone came from your phone so you quickly moved it away from your ear. The man next to you did the same so you both looked at each other and ... it was CHRIS.

You both laughed hard, Chris even grabbed his left boob - as usual, actually. Then he slid himself across the bench until he was close enough to you so he could hug you. You hugged him back tight, smelling his scent, which now smelt even better than it usually did.

"Hey." you both somehow managed to say, the giggles followed.

"What have you been up to?" Chris immediatly asked, it seemed like he was in a hurry.

"Believe it or not, I was actually planning on calling you." you smiled and your cheeks turned pink.

"Oh, that's good then." he smiled widely. "Pick up your bags, I have something for you."

You stood up, picked up your school bag, looked at Chris and smiled.

"Where are we going?" you asked, Chris replied quickly, "Oh you'll see. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." "What are you doing?" this time he took some time to reply, but before he actually did, you felt his hand reaching for yours, gently squeezing it, "This. Hopefully. If that's okay with you..."

You couldn't look at him this time. Instead, you looked at the ground, smiling at the thought of what's actually happening right now.

"Sure." you said. "Make your plan work."