CHRISTIAN COLLINS'S YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO - EXPLAINED

You Don't Have to Go is becoming one of my favorite songs by Chris Collins- a YouTuber who is quickly becoming popular. After listening to the song for a few days, I decided to make a You Don't Have to Go – Explained story. Besides, this song is my favorite Chris Collins performance- and this is definitely one of his best songs he's performed.

    Okay, so, the song begins with these lyrics...

She don't like to be alone

She don't like to be alone, no

She travels fast.

Don't need bags.

Wherever she goes.

She's first class.

The first two lines are clear that this girl doesn't want to be alone. In the next four lines, the song pretty much explains that this girl is perfect. Just kidding! The meaning is that she travels so fast she doesn't need any packed bags to travel. And wherever she goes- she's on her best behavior- meaning, she's first class.

Don't ticket though.

No boarding pass.

Who are all these pictures of?

Her reply was just "oh, what's his name".

In this next verse, this girl doesn't need a ticket or a boarding pass to get to where she's going. And when "Chris" sees a picture of another guy, he asks who the boy is. The girl "pretends" she doesn't know who the guy is. So, she asks, "Oh, what's his name?" This part of the song refers to the point that "Chris" feels as though this girl could be cheating on him with another guy, or this girl is cheating on him with another guy.

Booking reservations

So many faces.

So many hotel rooms but yet no permanent place.

Said home is where the heart is

But her heart is in the wrong place.

The first three lines are the hardest parts to explain in the song. I might be wrong on this song, but- I'll give you the best explanation I possibly can. The booking reservations probably refer to dates at a restaurant with the girl and this "guy", or just some other reservation at another place that the girl and the "guy" date. "Chris" finds these and sings it to us in the song. The faces refer the people around "Chris" or the girl, and the hotel rooms signify the places the girl lives in. She keeps on getting hotel rooms and she doesn't have a permanent place to stay.

In the last two lines, the girl says "home is where the heart is". Seemingly, she says it like a catchphrase but doesn't really mean it- because her heart is not where it needs to be.

She don't like to be alone.

Been around, and around, and around is her name now

She don't like to be alone, no

Been around, and around, and around is her name

You're famous

Once again, "Chris" sings she doesn't want to be alone. However, he now mentions that since she's been everywhere- she's now known everywhere and basically famous. In the last line, it's clear that my statement is true. I guess another way to sum up what I mean is by writing this:

She's been around everywhere so much that she's famous.

If you don't have to go, go, go.

Then why you tryna go, go, go.

Leave your bags on the floor, floor, floor

girl, you're at home.

"Chris" asks the girl a question. If she doesn't have to go, then why is she trying to? The answer to me is: She doesn't want to be alone, and she doesn't want to be around Chris! I think "Chris" understands this, because in the 3rd line, he sings to her to leave her bags on the floor, and that she's already home- with "Chris".

Some people may be confused with the 3rd line, since he recently sang she didn't need any bags. My explanation is this: "Chris" believes she's so fast she doesn't need any packed bags. However, this girl packed bags and wanted to leave "Chris". However, "Chris" wants her to stay, since he believes she's already home with "Chris".

So where you going? (I'm here)

No hesitation, no destination.

Just late phone calls

So distant. A lot of baggage.

No packed bags no. Thinking

"oh, no no no, where did I go wrong?"

Steering towards the wrong way.

"Chris" now asks where this girl is going. Sorry, but I added something to the lyrics. I've always heard this since the first time I heard this song. After he asks where the girl is going, I heard him also sing "I'm here". My thoughts on the first line is that "Chris" wants to know where she's going. I think the girl wants to go far away from "Chris" to "feel better". "Chris" understands that, and says that he's already "here" to make her feel better.

In the 2nd line, the girl has no hesitation of leaving "Chris", but no idea where to go. "Chris" later finds phone calls between the two that were taken very late at night. Either that, or those phone calls between "Chris" and the girl were a long time ago.

Now the next two lines are also very hard to sum up. So distant and a lot of baggage means that the girl is far away with packed bags, and Chris has no idea where she is. In the next line, it explains that in Chris's house, her packed bags are gone. Now "Chris"- probably panics about the girl and what he did wrong. So, he asks himself where he went wrong- and his answer or guess is that he went steering to the wrong way.

And you don't have to be there all alone.

I know you're crying

Girl, come home.

And you don't have to be there all alone.

I know you're crying

Girl, come home.

In this last verse before the final chorus, this begins with the sound of a phone being put on the caller to leave a message. "Chris" leaves the message (in this verse). He tries to make it up to this girl by pleading for her to come home and assuring that she doesn't have to be alone, crying.

Despite the fact this is a sad song, and that we'll never know how the story in the song ends, I have a guess for the ending. There are two options.

*Either this girl never did come back to Chris because of some accident and/or by her choice.

*This girl could come home to Chris, and the two live happily ever after...

Maybe if we get a music video with a story in it, we'll probably get a better explanation of the song. This may be a sad song, but its beat, lyrics and vocals from Chris Collins make the song endlessly repayable.

So, did you like my explaination on You Don't have to Go? If you did, vote, comment, and share with your friends. As always, if you like this and want more, you can follow me now.