Chapter 2

I didn't know what to do; my mind was just a bundle of over lapping thoughts. Rain continued to mix with tears and stream down my flushed face. I turned around and felt Mason's eyes on mine. I couldn't bear to look in them because I knew he would have that lost, puppy dog gaze which would melt my heart and cause me to fall back to his tricks again.

But, he probably regrets it now.. and in his defence I did go a step too far by slagging off his Mum. The sensible part of me kicked in. And we have such a good relationship, is it worth ending it? I mean, come on, most people can't even find someone decent to date never mind someone as great as Mason. I realized what I was thinking and sighed. No, he cheated on me. If he liked me as much as I did him then he wouldn't have cheated. And he wouldn't have lied. And he wouldn't have led me on for however long they were having an affair. Just need to remember this mistake. 

BEEP! A car with a furious looking man in the driver's seat honked as I stepped out carelessly into the road, lost in my own thoughts. 

"Sorry!" I exclaimed, before running to cross the other road where another car came and beeped as it suddenly stopped in the road to not hit me. 

"Careful!" someone remarked from behind me. I spun round to see a man, around my age wearing a long, black coat and a pair of expensive looking shades.

I acknowledged him with an unbothered glance and ignored the guy, continuing to walk where ever I was going.

--

15 minutes later, I found myself further and further away from home and uni and more near the new shopping centre 'Chicago'. I have no idea why it's called Chicago if I live in Maritua. A thought struck my mind and I decided to forget about uni and instead go visit the shopping centre; luckily I had my purse on me so I could purchase new things.

Entering the building, I was astounded as to how huge it was: a huge entrance was framed by white, towering pillars of which the top ended to the second floor. There were huge chandeliers hanging down, sending shards of light everywhere, placed at the perfect angle where the light hit every store name. Shoppers streamed the grounds, bundles of bags at their wrists, weighing them down. A cacophony of noises was heard: babies and little kids crying; chatter from the mothers; giggles from the high school girls; wolf whistles from the high school guys; different music playing from each store and the footsteps of people walking. I scanned the visible shops and saw the likes of Primark, Debenhams, Selfridges, M&S, H&M, Select, Boots, Peacocks, W H Smith and loads more.                     Stuck in the middle of the crowd, I was being pushed in a direction that led me to Primark. It was then that I felt the heartbreak since I normally went shopping with Mason and he always treated me to little things like fresh jam doughnuts, or a new plaid scarf, or a sweater that would say something ironic like 'Precious goods: Handle with care' or sometimes even things as extravagant as a Chanel bag or Mac lipstick or-

I flinched, wondering why I was even thinking about that scumbag and right then, I vowed to visit every store on the ground floor and buy myself something, even if it was something as small as a bobble. Taking a deep breath, I stepped into Primark.

--

2 hours later, I came out with hands full of bags from every store on the ground floor and was proud; all in all, I had spent £168.99. I bought a new Gucci bag from Debenhams; a new purse; a new hair brush; a bottle of dry shampoo; a new lipliner; a scrunchie; a pair of slippers; a set of pyjamas; an art set; a new book set; a mini make up bag; a new phone case and I bought some coffee from Starbucks and some cookies from Millie's Cookies. Now that I felt rejuvenated and much better, I dreaded the 40 minute walk back home and instead cheated my way out of it by calling a taxi.