‘Oh he is truly a sweetheart,’ Natasha smiled.  ‘He does not ask much at all.  I wish I could do more for him.’

‘Mother is most pleased with you Natasha, thank you.’

‘I am happy too.  Your mother loves the duke very much, as he loves her.  I see his eyes light up when the duchess, comes to his bed side,’ Natasha could not help smiling.

‘Yes,’ Sadie laughed softly.  ‘They are the true romantics of their generation.  They are wonderful parents too,’ she grinned. 

‘You must be happy---’

‘Darling, good afternoon,’ a handsome gentleman strode in.  He had eyes only for Sadie as she stood up and walked half the way to reach him.

‘You’re finally here,’ Sadie murmured.  As he smiled warmly, putting an arm around his wife, as he kissed her cheek.

‘Darling, this is Miss Natasha, father’s nurse,’ Sadie slipped her hand into her husband’s.  ‘Miss Natasha, my husband, Baronet Nicholas Rowan.  Sadie could hardly keep her eyes away from her husband.

‘My lord, good afternoon,’ Natasha greeted politely.

‘Miss Natasha, a pleasure to meet you,’ he shook her hand courteously.

‘How is your father’s health, my dear?’ It was clear the baron had equally missed his wife, for he held onto her possessively.

‘Oh he is so much better Nicholas.’

‘You will excuse me baroness. Baron, a pleasure to meet you,’ Natasha made her exit.

Natasha could not wait to get home and start on her dress pattern.  She had found the most delicate blush pink material.  She could just imagine Benedict’s fingers brushing over her stomach, and waist as he would admire her in the completed dress.  She had purchased a bag of sequins as well, to stitch on at strategic places where the shimmering gown would catch the light.  She could not wait to complete the dress.  She was thankful Crystal was not around to offer her expertise on how the dress should be styled.  She could see in her mind’s eye the finished almost mermaid effect the shimmering gown would take.  It was almost early hours of the morning, when she finished three quarters of the gown.  It was just the hem, final stitching, and the sequins that was left to add on.  Natasha was so excited, she could hardly put herself to bed, yet she knew she needed a few hours asleep, or she would pass out in the duke’s bed chamber later in the day.  Reluctantly she undressed and climbed into her bed.

It was three days since the marquis had left for London.  Natasha was sorely missing him.  She avoided walking pass the lake, for it made her think of him. She saw less of Sadie, who was thrilled to have her husband there.  They were often slipping away to their private bed chamber.  Natasha was overwhelmed when Sadie had given her a package and told her if she liked it, she could have it.  When Natasha had opened it, she found two beautiful evening gowns.  One was a beautiful soft dove grey, the other a most beautiful peacock blue.  Natasha had been shocked beyond speech, but Sadie, had begged her to have it as a gift, for being so good to the duke.  Natasha had protested that the marquis was paying her a weekly wage, more than was really in proportion to the job, but Sadie had been adamant that she wanted Natasha to have the gowns.  It needed a little alteration, for Natasha had a tinier waist and hipline, but she would be able to remedy that without a problem.

‘My lord, you’re back?’ Natasha exclaimed rather excitedly when she saw Benedict waiting impatiently outside the front door of the ducal home.

‘Natasha!’ I missed you, he looked around, then quickly pulled her into his arms and hugged her.